Michigan Tech’s MBA admissions team is hosting a webinar to help you BEAT the GMAT on February 9, 2011. Learn more and sign up today.
Most established business schools recognize the GMAT test as the top indicator of success for graduate school candidates. The Tech MBA Online Admissions Team has put together a list of tools to help prepare candidates for the GMAT test and to help them get the most out of your study time. There are many resources that you can use to prepare for the test including: practice exams, iPhone apps, self-study books, and informative blogs. Try not to limit yourself to using just one or two, instead explore all of the options for GMAT preparation.
Upcoming Webinar: Beat the GMAT – February 9, 2010 at 2pm EST hosted by the Tech MBA Online program.
GMAT Prep Resources
1. The Official GMAT Site: The official GMAT resource website. The website provides information about testing centers, books, and other resources. Test Centers: There are 400 test centers that are generally open 6-days a week. You can to to MBA.com to access the list of test centers to identify a location close to you.
2. Graduate Management Admission Council: The GMAC is the organization that is responsible for the GMAT test. This website is a great resource for testing trends, data, scores and updates to the GMAT assessment test.
3. BeattheGMAT.com: Beat the GMAT is an online community that empowers people to learn, share, teach, and support each other through the MBA admission process.
4. Free Veritas Prep GMAT Practice Test: The Veritas Prep GMAT Simulator™ allows you to practice for the exam under realistic conditions. It is a computer-adaptive test (CAT), just like the real GMAT exam, and delivers questions of varying difficulty based on your performance – as you answer questions correctly, you receive more difficult questions.
5. Prepare for the GMAT Exam: MBA.com provides a list of resources to prepare for the GMAT test: free software, test prep checklist and analytical writing Assessment.
6. Kaplan 20-Minute Workout (GMAT): A short GMAT test prep exercise by Kaplan that allows you to test yourself and compare your scores to other test takers that day.
7. Veritas GMAT Practice Quiz (Free) iPhone App: – The Veritas Prep GMAT Practice Quiz iPhone App lets you practice all five GMAT question types and do it on your own terms with multiple customization features.
8. Beat the GMAT Flash Cards: – A free set of nearly 300 GMAT Flashcards, covering math and verbal concepts. This popular flashcards set has been downloaded over 100,000 times.
9. The Official Guide for GMAT Review (Hard Copy) – The Official Guide for GMAT Review (12th Edition) is published by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
10. The Official Guide for GMAT Review (Kindle Edition): The Official Guide for GMAT Review (12th Edition) is published by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) is delivered wirelessly for those to need to study on the go.
11. Grockit TV GMAT Test Prep (YouTube): Grockit video courses are free to watch in YouTube. The short videos give provide valuable incite about typical GMAT questions.
Next Generation GMAT: Note if you are considering the GMAT, the test format is changing in 2012: All the resources listed above are designed for the current test structure. (Link to article about new testing format)