- Enrollment Information from John Lehmann – Associate Vice President for Enrollment, Marketing, and Communications
- Academic Major additions and equivalencies
- Co-op Program statistics and student feedback
- Student Panel Perspectives and Q&A
- Corporate Round Table Recruiting Practices/Challenges Discussion
- Universum Report Presentation
- Information from Les Cook – Vice President for Student Affairs and Advancement
Michigan Tech Career Services cordially invites you to participate in our 2014 Fall Career Fair, September 30, 2014.
If you’re recruiting students for internship, co-op, and full-time positions in the fields of Engineering, IT, and Science and Technology, we encourage you to attend the Michigan Tech Fall Career Fair on September 30, 2014. Michigan Tech also educates some of the nation’s highest achievers in Business, Forestry/Ecology, Technical Writing, Arts and Sciences, and Clinical Lab Science.
Register today at www.mtu.edu/career
See the sights and sounds of this year’s Spring Career Fair held on February 18, 2014. This short youtube video features some interviews with representatives from two of our Career Services Partners: Continental Automotive Systems and Dematic.
A complete list of all 219 companies that participated is available on the Career Services Website.
A more detailed story about the career fair is available on the Michigan Tech News Blog.
Wednesday, February 26, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM, Memorial Union Building (MUB) Ballroom A2
The Cyber Career Fair allows you to meet with companies that weren’t able to come to the Career Fair. After an electronic resume exchange and a “virtual handshake,” you will speak to company representatives the same way you do at the Career Fair, using teleconferencing technology.
Dress professionally and bring your most up-to-date-resume and 60-second Info-mercial to meet with company representatives offering internship, co-op and full-time employment opportunities. Companies participating are:
- Cisco (http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac40/about_cisco_careers_home.html)
- Brocade (http://www.brocade.com/company/careers/index.page)
- Google (http://www.google.com/about/jobs/)
Submit your resume in advance by visiting: http://mtucybercareerfair.appspot.com/
Career Services is excited to join a number of departments on campus in providing a learning center. Students can “walk-in” to get the career development guidance they need right now, including:
- Resume reviews
- Writing cover letters
- Their 60-sec Info-mercial (elevator speech)
- Interview Skills
- Common business emails (thank yous, offer deadline extension requests, offer acceptance or declinations, salary negotiations, networking)
Hours are from 1:00 – 5:00 PM, Monday – Thursday
Information Sessions are held on campus to help students learn more about companies and their employment opportunities. These meetings are a great opportunity for our students to learn about recruiting companies and speak with representatives about internships, co-ops, and full-time positions. However, with so many occurring the night before the career fairs, students are limited in the number they can attend, and companies are also limited in the number of students they can meet.
After listening to feedback from students and employers, Career Services has reimagined the usual informational session into a one stop, informal, open house event where 13 companies are gathered all in one place and all on one night. The new “Employer Information Expo” is being held on Sunday, February 16, 2014 in Fisher Hall. Students will be able to visit as many information sessions as they’d like from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. and then enjoy open networking from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. This new event will connect more students with more companies and their representatives for a robust evening of recruiting.
For more information visit: http://www.mtu.edu/career/