For international students for whom English has not been the official language of instruction, the TOEFL is required. We recommend a TOEFL score of 600 (100 ibt), but there is no strict cut-off. All applicants must submit a GRE score to be considered for fellowships or graduate teaching assistantships. While your GRE score is important, we also have no specific cut-off for GRE scores, and consider the GRE score to be just one part of your overall application.
- Is graduate student health insurance available?
- What is the student cost of living in Houghton?
- What is the difference between the M.S. Environmental Engineering and M.S. Environmental Engineering Science degrees?
- What is the difference between the Master of Engineering and Master of Science degrees?
- How long do I have to consider an offer of financial assistance, and what should I do if I am offered funding at more than one university?