The UP Engineers & Architects, Ishpeming office is looking for an entry level civil engineer and also a summer civil engineering intern.
Civil Engineering Technician Intern: full-time position for summer, based in our Ishpeming office. UPEA prefers a candidate pursuing an engineering associate’s or bachelor’s degree. Density and concrete testing experience are preferred. Send your resume to: jobs@UPEA.com.
Civil Engineer: The position requires a civil Engineering degree and a desire to live and work in the Upper Peninsula.
Matthew Treado, P.E.
Ishpeming Office Manager
U.P. Engineers & Architects, Inc.
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium has environmental health and engineering summer internships available. See 2018 DEHE Internship Flyer for more info.
MSA currently has openings for Civil and Environmental Engineering students including interns, co-ops, and entry level. MSA is committed to mentoring and teaching to assist student’s grow in their professional careers.
- Civil/Environmental Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 2018) or Intern (Summer 2018) |Baraboo, WI
- Civil/Environmental Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 2018) or Intern (Summer 2018) | Madison, WI
- Civil/Environmental Engineering Intern (Summer 2018) | Dubuque, IA
- (2) Traffic/Transportation Engineering Intern (Summer 2018) | Appleton or Madison, WI
- Wastewater Engineering Intern (Summer 2018) | Rhinelander, WI
- Surveying Intern (Summer 2018) | Rhinelander or Marshfield, WI
- Surveying Intern (Summer 2018) | Champaign, IL
- Civil Engineering Technician Intern (Summer 2018) | Baraboo, WI
- Civil Engineering Technician, Entry Level | Baraboo, WI
- Municipal/Civil Engineer, Entry Level | Quad Cities, IA/IL
- Municipal/Civil Engineer, Entry Level | Marshfield, WI
Contact: Pat Morrow (PMorrow@msa-ps.com) for more info
City of Hastings, MN
Description of position: Data collection and analysis on pedestrian infrastructure (sidewalks, curb ramps, signals) for the completion of a self assessment and transition plan required by ADA.
Qualifications: Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related degree, valid driver’s license, and authorization to work in US for any employer.
Please email your resume to Ryan Stempski (email@example.com) by February 28, 2018!
Weed Team Position for the Keweenaw Invasive Species Management Area (KISMA)
If interested, please reply to Dr. Sigrid Resh, KISMA Coordinator, at this email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a professional résumé, highlighting your experience and qualifications as related to the job description below.
KISMA is a partnership with 20 regional partners (Ottawa NF, NPS, DNR (multiple offices), KBIC, MNA, Michigan Tech, KLT, Gratiot Lake Conservancy, TNC, Molpus Timberlands Management, Baraga Iron CD, HKCD, MSU Extension, UPRC&D, Isle Royale & Keweenaw Parks Association). Our mission is to facilitate cooperation and education among federal, state, tribal, and local groups and landowners in prevention and management of invasive species across land ownership boundaries within Baraga, Houghton, and Keweenaw Counties.
Service Location: Keweenaw, Houghton, and Baraga Counties—working out of Houghton; will also likely travel to Marquette for additional training
Term of Service: ~320 hour term of service (at least 20 hours/week for 16 weeks), from mid-May through mid-September, occasional weekend work required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep accurate, timely and detailed records of activities
- Prepare reports on work completed and log data collected
- Work professionally at all times with team members, community volunteers, and KISMA partners.
- Map invasive plant species in the tri-county area, using GPS unit, EpiCollect5, and MISIN (Midwest Invasive Species Information Network) app
- Co-lead invasive removal volunteer work days
- Conduct independent invasive removals and treatments on partner and private property (with permission) and along hiking trails, including mechanical removal and herbicide application, if licensed
- Conduct surveys of hiking trails for a targeted set of invasive plants, includes use of hand-held GPS.
- Assist with training volunteers on invasive plant identification and removal techniques
- Informally educate the public about invasive plants and recruit volunteers
- Properly use and care for tools and equipment and follow all safety precautions
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Must be organized, responsible and detail-oriented
- Must be able to conduct field work under all normal outdoor conditions (rainy, hot, windy, buggy)
- Must be able to hike 4 miles carrying up to 30 lbs of equipment over uneven and/or steep terrain
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Teamwork skills and/or experience leading volunteers
- Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Access to a reliable vehicle for transportation of self, tools, and supplies to field sites
- MI licensed pesticide applicator
- Ability to identify native and invasive vegetation of MI
- Experience using a hand-held GPS and GIS software
- Demonstrated outreach skills and teaching experience
- Backpacking experience, camping experience and/or outdoor field work experience
Benefits for Position:
- Work in the beautiful Keweenaw Peninsula for $11/hour
- Experience with GPS use, invasive species identification
- Hone teamwork skills and experience leading volunteers
- Opportunity to network with many local park managers and environmental professionals.
- Opportunity to serve local communities and the public by making a difference in the environment and improving habitats in a tangible way
Additional Opportunities Possible:
- CPR certification may be arranged
THE GOGEBIC COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION SEEKS AN ASSISTANT COUNTY ENGINEER
The Gogebic County Road Commission (GCRC) is seeking an Assistant County Engineer for a full-time job opening.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering and four (4) years in civil engineering, construction inspection, surveying, design, drafting, etc.
- Successful completion of the “Fundamentals of Engineering” (FE) exam.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Michigan within one year of hire.
- Valid drivers license to operate vehicles in Michigan.
Under the limited supervision of the Engineer/Manager, will act as a project engineer performing design and drafting with Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) system. Responsible for the field survey, preliminary design, cost estimates, final design, permitting, specifications and other related duties for GCRC. Responsible for performance and documentation of construction engineering in accordance with the Michigan Department of Transportation Construction Manual, including inspection, material sampling and testing of aggregate, bituminous and concrete materials and density testing. The duties stated are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person so classified and are not construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Assistant County Engineer is a salary position with a pay rate commensurate on work experience and educational background.
Applicants may apply in person or receive an application at www.gogebiccountyroadcommission.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Send cover letter, resume and application to Gogebic County Road Commission, 200 N. Moore Street, Courthouse Annex, Bessemer, MI 49911 or email to email@example.com.
The Village of Howard is again looking for students to intern or co-op with them for this summer and fall. The job description can be viewed here and the job has also been posted on Handshake. Students can submit their application information directly to Mr. Michael Kaster via e-mail.
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) is currently seeking a Transportation Engineer, located in Lansing, Michigan.
This position oversees the development of traffic signing plans developed by the unit and consultants to ensure uniform and comprehensible visual systems for these devices.
Possession of a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering or in civil and environmental engineering OR will be obtained by May 31, 2018 is required.
You may view the job posting here: Transportation Engineer
If your students are interested they can visit our website, apply using this link, or email me for more information. See our construction flyer. I appreciate your help in spreading the word of this incredible internship opportunity!