Please see links below for information on the following scholarships:
The scholarship application can be found on our website at: http://www.wiawwa.org/?page=Scholarship
Please note that application must be postmarked by April 20, 2018. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Outstanding College Student Engineer of the Year Scholarship recognizes an undergraduate student who has best distinguished him/herself in the engineering and scientific communities. The winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship
Click on the links above for more information.
Do you qualify?
At this point, Minnesota residency is still required for our scholarships for At-Large schools. The Minnesota Surveyors and Engineers Society (MSES) provides many scholarships, up to $2,000 each per year to students who will be juniors or seniors in Civil Engineering in the next academic year.
Applicants are expected to have a career interest in transportation. Job examples might include working for:
- governmental agencies (DOT’s, counties, cities, etc.),
- private engineering firms providing transportation related services (consultants),
- materials suppliers for the transportation industry,
- working for contractors or construction companies who build transportation facilities, etc.
Your work could be in any of the broad-based specialty areas that support transportation like:
- geotechnical engineering
- water resources/hydraulics
- transportation planning
- structural engineering
- roadway design
- environmental engineering
- ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems
- pavement design
- other related fields
See attached scholarship application for more information. Deadline is Feb 26.
The following scholarship is for college students in the environmental field of study:
- John P. Hennessey – $2000 to a current college Undergrad or Graduate student pursuing a course of study leading to a career in Wastewater Treatment or in some other aspect of the water environment field
More information can be found here: https://www.mi-wea.org/hennessey.php.
Application Deadline: February 1st
Tacuna Systems is excited to announce our new “Women in Engineering Empowerment Scholarship”.
Women are still very much under-represented in STEM fields both in higher education and in industry. Our goal is to help equip one female student overcome this gender gap by offering $1,000 toward her studies in science, technology, engineering, or math.
- The AGC of Michigan 2018 Scholarship application is available online (https://form.jotform.us/72746284486166) and must be submitted by February 28, 2018 for the 2018-2019 academic year beginning in August/September, 2018.
SUMMER WORK PROGRAM:
- Each summer commercial construction companies hire University Civil Engineering and Construction Management sophomores and juniors to work in management level positions. The program provides experience in the following types of job assignments:
- IN THE FIELD: Report on progress and other meetings, laboratory and/or test assignments, material Inventory and expediting work, field representative at progress meetings, assistant in layout crew, safety inspector, timekeeper, prepare cost distributions, quality control and inspection, assistant project engineer.
- IN THE OFFICE: Assemble cost control and estimating data and/or safety control records, quantity surveys for estimates, clerical assistance, attend and report on meetings as an observer (progress, labor, safety, engineering, client’s, etc.), shop drawing approval and checking, detailing and board work, scheduling, value engineering.
The AGC of Michigan Summer Work Program application is available online (https://form.jotform.us/72746059186163) and must be submitted by February 28, 2018 for the 2018 summer program. These positions fill quickly so don’t wait to apply – do it now!
Have you considered being a civil/environmental learning center coach? Being a coach provides an opportunity to help other students, looks good on a resume, and is a great way to brush up on skills needed for the FE! Only a 2 hour per week time commitment is required, and coaches receive a $200 scholarship at the end of the semester.
The Civil & Environmental Engineering SSC is looking for coaches for the Spring 2018 semester.
Please submit the application by January 5 so the coaches can be in place before spring semester begins and can be open during the first week of class!
- Qualified students must demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing a career in mechanical contracting and submit a completed application (attached) no later than December 22, 2017.
- By submitting their application, students verify they will be present at the Scholarship Awards Ceremony on January 16, 2018 in Oak Brook, IL. Students must be present to receive an award.
- Applicants must submit a PDF of the completed application and a current resume to:
Director of Communications, MCA of Chicago
Subject line: [Last name] 2017 Scholarship Application