During the summer, priority is given to issues in need of immediate attention because there are only limited advising hours. If you have a pressing issue during the summer, email email@example.com. Regular advising hours will start two weeks before falls semester starts.
During the school year, if you need help with schedule planning, minors, co-ops, study abroad, changing majors, or degree audits then you will need to schedule an appointment with Katie Torrey (Chem Sci room 202M) using your Michigan Tech Google calendar. Advising appointments are usually 30 minutes long. Appointments will not be available during busy times; instead, there are scheduled walk-in office hours during busy weeks, and no appointment is necessary.
Directions for using your Google calendar to find an available time and scheduling a meeting are below:
- Login to your Michigan Tech Google account.
- In the list of Google Apps, click on Calendar.
- Create a new event by clicking on your calendar.
- Enter a title for your meeting.
- IMPORTANT – Find an available appointment time.
- Click on “Edit event”.
- Click on the “Find a time” tab.
- Add a guest to your appointment.
- Located on the far right hand side of the page.
- For an appointment with Katie, enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The calendar for your guests will appear with busy and free (blank) times indicated.
- Modify event date and time to a time when you are both available.
- Event date and time are located at the top of the page.
- If you do not see any available times, try another day.
- Most advising appointments are a half hour long.
- The proposed appointment time will show up on the calendars as a box with moving dashed lines.
- Click Save.
- You will be asked if you want to send your guests an invitation. Say “yes”.
- The appointment will show up on your calendar. Check that it is at the day and time you intended.
- The person that you’ve invited will receive notification of a meeting request. You will receive notification if they can or cannot attend.