During the summer, the advising office is closed. If you have an urgent advising question, please call the main office: 906-487-3132.
During the school year, if you have a quick question, registration problem, need a form, or don’t know where to go for something then you can stop by the Department Office (Chem Sci room 203) to see David Zei. He is available Monday-Friday of most weeks. No appointments are needed.
If you need help with schedule planning, minors, co-ops, study abroad, changing majors, or degree audits during the school year, then you will need to schedule an appointment with Katie Torrey (Chem Sci room 202M) using your Michigan Tech Google account (not available in the summer). Advising appointments are usually 30 minutes long. Appointments will not be available during busy times; instead, there are scheduled walk-in office hours during busy weeks, and no appointment is necessary.
If you have an urgent question during the summer, please see the Department Chair.
Directions for finding an available time and scheduling an appointment are below:
- Login to your Michigan Tech Google account.
- Choose the Calendar Tab.
- Create a new event by clicking on your calendar.
- Enter a title for your appointment.
- IMPORTANT – Find an available appointment time.
- Click on “Edit event”.
- Click on the “Find a time” tab.
- Add a guest to your appointment.
- Located on the far right hand side of the page.
- For an appointment with Katie, enter email@example.com.
- The calendar for your guests will appear with busy and open times indicated.
- Modify event date and time to a time when you are both available.
- Event date and time are located at the top of the page.
- If you do not see any available times, try another day.
- Most advising appointments are a half hour long.
- The proposed appointment time will show up on the calendars as a box with moving dashed lines.
- Click Save.
- The appointment will show up on your calendar. Check that it is at the day and time you intended.
- The person that you’ve invited will receive notification of a meeting request. You will receive notification if they can or cannot attend.