Midterm Study Break

Hello commuters!

I hope everyone has been having a (relatively) stress free midterm exam period. If not, I’m here to talk or there are events on campus that should help you take your mind off of everything! For example, the Transfer Assistant and I will be hosting an event on Friday from 2-4 in the library with snacks and time to hang out and take a break from studying! We’ll be in study room 111, so stop by whenever!

Otherwise, there are events going on that could be of interest to people to get out and enjoy what campus has to offer. This weekend there’s going to be showing of Silent Sky put on by Tech Theatre. Go see a theatre production (for free with your student ID) and support other Michigan Tech students. For more information on it, follow the link.

There are cool topics in the Social Justice Lecture Series coming up and next week will be with speaker Kye Allums. He is the first openly transgender Division 1 athlete. For more info on that, follow this link! Also next week, there’s a talk entitled, The Sexual Politics of Meat, with author and activist Carol Adams. For more info on that, follow this link!

Another thing to remember is that Spring registration will be coming up VERY soon! To check when exactly you schedule, follow this link and check it out! That link from the Registrar’s Office will include some tips and tricks to figuring out how to prepare for registration. This also means that it will be a very good time to meet with your advisor and figure out what will be best for you to take to stay on track.

As always, feel free to contact me with any issues you might run into in trying to go through the rest of this semester. I have office hours in the Admin building (Wahtera Center) every week or I’m available through email when ever.

Have a good week!