Back At It!

Hello Commuters!

I hope everyone had a great winter carnival this year. Walking around during the all nighter it was great to see so many students out and participating in the activities. Hopefully everyone got in some much needed rest and are ready to tackle the next few weeks and, if you’re like me, some midterms. Now let’s take a look at some upcoming events around campus.

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the play being put on by the VPA department Sexual Perversity in Chicago. This play about the strange world of American sexual behavior will be taking place in the McArdle Theater February 17-18th and 23-25th at 7:30pm. From what I’ve seen of set and rehearsals I can guarantee this will be another great show from the VPA department. I know the students involved have put forth a lot of work into the show so come out and support your peers. The show is $13 for adults and $5 for youths, but of course if you are a tech student the show is free through the Experience Tech Program. The show does contain mature and graphic language, so maybe consider a different activity for your visiting little sibling to enjoy.

If your looking for a chance to show off your dance moves then check out the African Beat Dance Night. The dance is being put on by the African Students Organization as a part of their fundraising efforts for the Africa Night event coming up in March. Cost of admission is $3 for the public and $2 for students. Apart from the dancing admission also gets you your fill of pizza, drinks and other snacks. The dance takes place this Saturday, February 18th, from 8pm-11pm in the MUB Alumni Lounge (107A).

Lastly I would just like to remind everyone that career fair is just around the corner. I’m sure you’ve seen the emails sent out about it, but if you’re considering going be sure to pre-register for the fair at career services. I wish all of you going the best of luck on your search for a career or internship. There’s bound to be a lot of people there to competing for those spots, so make sure to represent yourselves well.

That’s all I have for this week, but be sure to come back next week for the next issue of …

The Commute!