Picasso at the Lapin Agile

Hello Commuters!

This week I have to admit that my topic comes with some bias. I highly recommend that you take the time to attend the Visual and Performing Arts production of “Picasso at the Lapin Agile” which opens this Thursday October 12th. This play is a comedy written by Steve Martin about a bar in 1903 Paris which Picasso, Einstein and 3rd mysterious character happen to visit. To explain things better, here is a quote from the show’s stage manager Alexandra Walker,

“The play explores the question ‘what is the power of genius?’ As Picasso and Einstein argue over who will be able to change the century more with their work, we come to the conclusion: Both art and science are important, summed up in the words of Freddie, the Lapin Agile bartender/owner Freddie, proposing a toast with his patrons: ‘No movement will be as beautiful as the note across the staff, the line across the paper, or the idea across the mind.’”

Show time is 7:30pm Thursday the 12th through Saturday the 14th as well as Wednesday the 18th through Friday the 20th. I personally have put quite a bit of time into the show along with many of my, and your, peers. So come and show your support for the Visual and Performing Arts department and stop by for a show.

That’s all I have for now, but check back next week for another issue of…

The Commute