Back from Break

Hello Commuters!

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving break. We’re in the home stretch now with only three weeks remaining until finals week, so make sure that you keep working hard. Now in the mean time let’s look at some events happening around campus.

The first event I’d like to talk about is the upcoming comedian Opey Olagbaju who is performing in the MUB ballroom this Saturday, December 2nd. Opey has been a part of a large number of comedy festivals around the country and is known for his unique style of observational humor. Opey’s set revolves around his perspective as a Nigerian immigrant and his assimilation into American society. The show starts at 10pm and is of no cost to students. This event is provided to us by MTU late night programming.

As with my post from before Thanksgiving break there are more performances of the play “Fires in the Mirror” in the McArdle Theater. There are shows this Thursday through Saturday, which all begin at 7:30pm and are free to MTU students through the experience tech program. It should be mentioned that there will be no late seating or leaving the theater during the show due to the weight of the material involved. For more information on the show please reference my previous posting for a rough summary on the premise.

That’s all I have for this week, but be sure to come back for another issue of…

The Commute!