Husky Lead and More

Hello Commuters!

As this is the first blog of the spring semester, I would like to start by welcoming you all back. I hope that your classes are all going well and will continue to do so the remaining 12 weeks. In the meantime let’s take a look at some of the great events going on around campus.

First off are the Husky Lead sessions are starting on tomorrow (Feb 1) at 6pm in the MUB Alumni lounge A. Husky Lead sessions are aimed at helping in the development of students leadership skills with each session focusing on a different aspect of leadership. This first session is called “Know Your Role” and is all about how to both lead a group in the most effective way as well as be an effective team member yourself. For more information on the great things going on at Husky Lead, feel free to check out their website at http://www.mtu.edu/student-activities/leadership/huskylead/.

Looking ahead at next week, we have our Winter Carnival Comedian, Josh Blue, performing in the Rozsa Center on Friday February 9th at 9pm. For those interested here is a brief description of Josh’s act.

“Perhaps best known as the comedian who puts the cerebral in Cerebral Palsy, Josh Blue exploded onto the national comedy scene by capturing the attention and endearment of the country as the winner of NBC’s Last Comic Standing. As one of the most sought after comedians on the college circuit, Josh centers much of his self-deprecating act around his disability. His undeniable likability, comedic timing and off-the-cuff improvisational skills guarantee that no two shows are exactly alike.”

As someone who’s been to the comedian each Winter Carnival I highly recommend attending the show. Each year hasn’t disappointed and after watching some of Josh’s material I’m sure this year will be great as well.

Lastly I would like to remind everyone that if you have any questions about something on campus or how to get more involved here at Michigan Tech, then feel free to come visit me during my office hours. This semester office hours will be available Mondays and Wednesdays from 8-10am with other times being available upon appointment.

That’s all I have for this week, but be sure to come back next week for a heap of Winter Carnival activities in the next issue of…

The Commute