Digital Measures recently released a new feature that should make it easier for faculty to enter publications data into your account.
Digital Measures is an important tool for faculty who are entering the review process in their tenure.
Using your Digital Measures account, faculty can generate the Form F for Tenure and Promotion.
To run your Form F:
1) Login to your Digital Measures account using your ISO username and password.
2) Click “Run Custom Reports” on the right. (black buttons)
3) Select “Form F – Tenure and Promotion” from the drop-down menu.
4) Set your date range (start and end dates).
5) Select the file format – most people choose Word.
6) Click the “Build Report” button.
Your browser will download the Form F file to your computer. It’s important to review the report to ensure all data is correct. If you find any errors, contact email@example.com to correct these if the fields that need correction are read-only (i.e. the system doesn’t allow you to change the information yourself).
Tip: If you’re unsure where the data is coming from in your Form F, you can download a document that details the way the report was built. Directly under the “Select the report to run” drop-down menu, there is a link called “Details of how this report is built…” Click that link to see where the information is stored in your Digital Measures account.
Tenure and Promotion Recommendation Form (Form F)
This year, Form F is being generated by Digital Measures, not filled out manually as it has been in the past. Ann Kitalong-Will, University Admin for Digital Measures, has been meeting with faculty who are going up for tenure and promotion to assist with generating the form, and to review the data with faculty to address any data errors. Faculty who would like to meet with Ann regarding their Form F can reach her by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (7-1809).
Please take note of the following:
- Pay particular attention to your graduate student advising information. There is a bug in the script that pulls graduate student advisee data from Banner, so if you see any missing students, let us know so we can add that data for you. When submitting your corrections, include the student’s full name, his or her degree (Master’s or PhD), the faculty member’s role (e.g. Committee Member, Graduate Advisor, etc.), the student’s department, and the student’s start- and end-date.
- Check your New Proposals and New Awards. This data is manually entered for you, so it’s important to notify us if you see any errors. You can check your grants research by reviewing the information in the Sponsored Research screen.
For an easier method to review your annual activity, please see the help file, Access your Annual Faculty Vitae Update. The start date is May 1, 2012, and the end date is April 30, 2013 for this year’s Faculty Vitae Update. Reporting data will be finalized and available to departments for reporting purposes by June 28, 2013.
With spring semester coming to a close, faculty are asked to make sure your activities for the 2012-13 academic year are entered and correct in your ActivityInsight account. This year’s reporting dates are May 1, 2012 – April 30, 2013. Any scholarly activities faculty have accomplished within that timeframe need to be updated by May 31, 2013. The following is a run-down of the important dates and deadlines for this spring’s reporting cycle:
- May 1, 2012 – April 30, 2013: This year’s Curriculum Vitae Update date range.
- May 31, 2013: Deadline for faculty to ensure non-loaded activities are entered into ActivityInsight.*
- June 1 – June 15, 2013: Faculty to review Curriculum Vitae Update data to ensure accuracy.
- June 15, 2013: Deadline for faculty to submit corrections to email@example.com.
- June 28, 2013: All CV Update data completed, reports ready for departmental use.
* “Non-loaded” activities include any data that is not loaded for faculty (e.g. Publications, Presentations, Sabbatical Reports, etc.). Faculty are responsible for ensuring “non-loaded” data is entered and correct according to the above deadlines. Data entry assistance is available; contact firstname.lastname@example.org by April 22, 2013 for data entry assistance for this year’s CV Updates. For a list of data that are loaded for faculty, please see “Annual Vitae Updates Coming Due.”
At the end of every spring semester, all faculty must ensure that their CV data in Activity Insight is up-to-date. Faculty are responsible for entering narratives, sabbatical reports, and publications and presentations for the academic year. Faculty are also responsible to verify that information loaded for them is correct and up-to-date. Information loaded for faculty includes:
- Historical (Permanent) Data | Yearly Data
- Graduate Student Advising
- Scheduled Teaching
- Sponsored Research
- Intellectual Property
To check these sections, you can either run the custom report, “Faculty Vitae Update Form,” for the date range April 1, 2012-December 31, 2012 OR review each section from the main data entry screen:
For faculty who are interested, we have student employees who are available to enter CV data. Because data entry tends to be a cumbersome task, especially if you are entering your CV information for the first time into Digital Measures, we are happy to provide this service to you.
Contact the University Admin for Digital Measures, Ann Kitalong-Will, if you’d like assistance.