It’s seldom as simple as launching a Facebook or Twitter page—and boom—there’s your captive audience. It takes a little time and a lot of effort. Here are a few ways to gain quality Michigan Tech fans and followers:
- Integrate social media into your larger communication plan; setting goals and tracking metrics keeps your social media targeted and strategic.
- Add social icons and a call to action in your printed collateral and e-newsletters. Tell your audience what kinds of content they can expect and where to go (URL) to like/follow the page.
- During events, ask folks to like and follow your pages. Leverage the opportunity to grow your social media audience when you are speaking to several hundred people—who happen to already love the University. Ask them to take our their smart phone and hit ‘like’. Seriously. Give it a try!
- Ask the campus community to like and follow your pages in a Tech Today post. You might even consider quarterly reminders.
- Like and follow other Michigan Tech accounts. Upon launching your accounts, this is one of the best, first steps (after you load your page with a bit of content).
- Regularly like and follow key industry, research, or partner pages. Interact regularly to stay visible. Remember, social media is not just a megaphone to
shout messages—it’s a real conversation.
- Perhaps the most important way to expand your reach is through consistent, quality content. Check out our Social Media Field Guide for more best practices and ideas (2017 edition coming soon!).
What are some of your tried-and-true ways to grow your Michigan Tech social media pages? Email email@example.com.
Brand and Social Media Manager