by Research Development and Office of Sponsored Programs
On April 24, the NSF initiated a new pilot for identifying conflicts of interest that affects all NSF proposals.
The Michigan Tech offices of Research Development and Sponsored Programs want to make a special note about the requirements for the Collaborators and Other Affiliations document. Over the last few years, this document has moved from inclusion on the NSF Biosketch to a separate document. As a separate document, it has evolved from a free-form document through two versions of an Excel spreadsheet template. With all these changes, it’s easy to get confused or lose track of which template should be used.
Here are the most important things to note:
- Has been developed to be fillable. However, the content and format requirements must not be altered by submitters.
- Must be saved in .xlsx or .xls formats and directly uploaded into FastLane as a Collaborators and Other Affiliations Single Copy Document.
- Will be converted by FastLane from an .xlsx or .xls file to a PDF file.
- Has been tested in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and LibreOffice.
- Will enable preservation of searchable text that otherwise would be lost. Must be uploaded in .xlsx or .xls formats only. Uploading a Collaborators and Other Affiliations Single Copy Document in any other format may delay the timely processing and review of your proposal.
- Will be directly linked in FastLane. The template and associated instructions may also be accessed directly here.
It is important to note that the new form requires additional information that was not required in previous templates. You will need to plan time during proposal preparation to update this document to the new format.
NSF announced this document on listservs and in the NSF Proposal and Award Policy Newsletter here.