Change major: Meet with your new advisor.
- Find out the latest requirements for your chosen major from the department Offering the major. See Degree Audits or go to the department website for flowcharts. Find out requirements for joining the department (e.g., GPA, probation).
- Some credits you’ve taken may be applied toward new major—see advisor for new major.
- Fill out a “Curriculum Add/Drop Form” to change your major. Take it to the new major Department advisor to be signed & processed.
Add a minor:
- Find out the latest requirements for your chosen minor online or get it from the department Offering the minor. Minor Audit Forms
- Some credits may double count toward your major and minor. Some courses may qualify to be Approved Electives. See information on Electives for BME major requirements. Some courses may qualify to be Gen Ed distribution courses. You will need 6 credits of courses in your minor that DO NOT count toward your major(except as free electives). So, 6 credits of chosen minor, level 3000 or above, must be “Free Electives”, in addition to the required courses for your major.
- Fill out a Curriculum Add/Drop form. You can get one at the Office of Student Records & Registration. Take it to the Minor Department advisor to be signed & processed.
A minor requires a minimum of 16-20 credit hours of course work, but the actual number required varies by department. Of the 16 credits required, no more then 6 credits of 1000- or 2000-level courses can count toward a minor. (Some departments may allow more than 6 if the total number required for the minor is more than 16.) The minor must include at least 6 hours of 3000- or 4000-level courses. These courses must not be required by the student’s major (except as free elective hours). Students interested in adding a minor to their degree program must consult their academic advisors as well as the minor department.