Nominations are now open for the Dean’s Fellowships. They are due no later than 4pm on March 15, 2013 to Dr. Debra Charlesworth. Dean’s Fellowships provide partial support for the recipient’s first year in a PhD program. This primary goal of this program is to support Michigan Tech’s strategic plan goal of being an inclusive and welcoming campus for faculty, students, and staff who bring rich, diverse perspectives to our teaching, learning, and research.
In brief, students are eligible to be nominated for the fellowship if the following conditions have been met at the time of nomination:
- Student has applied to and been accepted into a PhD program at Michigan Tech.
- Student is a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Student has been offered at least three years of support by the accepting department or graduate degree program.
- Student has been assigned a faculty mentor who will provide guidance as soon as the student enters Michigan Tech.
- The department or program has a formal peer-mentoring program in place.
Please see our web site for full details on eligibility, nomination procedures, and evaluation.