Residents of 1906 and 1907 are scheduled to move into renovated buildings 1903 and 1905 on November 11. We hope you will enjoy your newly renovated apartments.
- SCOLA works with 160 countries including 200 languages
- People & Places features over 31,000 photos from 84 countries
- Foreign Text has 200 recurring newspaper and magazine publications with over 70 languages
- Learning Objects presents 20 languages with transcriptions, vocabulary word glossary & video clips: Mini-language lessons
- Insta-Class has 52 languages with quizzes & vocabulary words
- On The Street Videos offer 7,000+ ‘everyday’ videos from 90 countries spoken informally in their native language celebrating family traditions, sports, ceremonies, sharing recipes & more
- Our Video Editor allows you to create your own size video from any video
- Specialized Word & Video Search has 150,000 native words
- Country Overview Videos has unique travelogue-style videos & introductory level language lessons
- International Radio presents 29 languages from 20 countries
- Savoir Vivre is a global adventure in culture. Travel the world. Discover its people. Explore new lifestyles. No passport needed
- Add SCOLA Mobile App to your iPhone, iPad or Android Device
- World TV Online provides 24/7 broadcast programming from all areas of our world
- Channel 1: European
- Channel 2: Spanish & Portuguese
- Channel 3: Mandarin Chinese
- Channel 4: Asian
- Channel 5: African
- Channel 6: Middle East
- Channel 7: Southeast Asia-Far East
- Channel 8: Eurasia
Residents of 1903 and 1905 are scheduled to move into renovated buildings 1810 and 1812 on September 16. We hope you will enjoy your newly renovated apartments.
On Thursday July 28, Michigan Tech IT is transitioning to a new cable TV provider. During the switch over, your TV may not receive any channels for a period of time as things are switched.
Once this switch is made, you’ll need to “re-scan” for channels on your TV.
Every TV is different, but generally you go into a setup menu, channel setup and there is an option to scan for channels. The new channel lineup is located at www.it.mtu.edu/cabletv
Other new features such as streaming to devices will be enabled in the coming weeks. We will let you know when they are ready.
If you have any issues, please contact email@example.com or 7-1111.
It is necessary to shut off electricity to all of Daniel Heights on the
following days in order to perform essential maintenance on the high
Tuesday, July 19 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Wednesday, July 20 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Thursday, July 21 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM
The following services in Daniel Heights will be affected:
Lights and Electricity.
Heat and Hot Water.
Stoves and Ovens.
Internet (wired and wireless)
Cable TV Service
Cold water will be available for drinking, hand washing and toilets.
Please do not wash laundry after 6:00 am.
Please keep your refrigerator closed. Items in the refrigerator will stay
cold as long as the doors remain closed.
These outages only affect Daniel Heights.
Facilities Management and Transportation Services will be sweeping and painting ALL of the Daniell Heights parking lots/areas & thus it is extremely important that you have your vehicle moved out of Daniell Heights prior to the clean-up start (before 7am on Tuesday, June 7, 2016).
Please read the following notice and plan accordingly.
Please mark your calendar now! We are planning to sweep & paint all the parking spaces in the Daniell Heights parking lots/areas on Tuesday, June 7 and Wednesday, June 8.
All residents in Upper Heights should move vehicles to commuter lot 32 (to the south of St. Albert church) or 23 (to the east of the Gates Tennis Center) before 7am on Tuesday, June 7. Residents may return vehicles back to the Heights as soon as painting is complete.
All residents in Lower Heights should move vehicles to commuter lot 32 (to the south of St. Albert church) or 23 (to the east of the Gates Tennis Center) before 7am on Wednesday, June 8. Residents may return vehicles back to lower Heights as soon as painting is complete.
All vehicles must be returned to your regularly assigned lot/area no later than 5pm on Wednesday, June 8.
Any vehicles not moved will be towed at the owner’s expense on June 7 and/or June 8. Please make sure you alert all guests to move vehicles as well. Please mark your calendar now. If you will be/are out of town and not at home in Daniell Heights on June 7 and 8, please make an arrangement with a friend you trust to move your vehicle for you. You may also contact Transportation Services (at 906-487-1441) for parking guidance or any other questions.
In the event of inclement weather (such as rain), the sweeping/painting may be rescheduled for a later day, and advanced notice will again be sent out.
We hope this advance notice will help you with your planning and help the University to keep the lots looking their best.
Thank you – Transportation Services
Transportation Services Updated Summer Shuttle Schedule
Transportation Services shuttle service will operate 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. during the summer semester beginning Monday, May 2. The shuttle services the Memorial Union Building to the SDC and through both the Lower and Upper Daniell Heights, stopping at the bus shelters. Additionally, the shuttle services the Lake Shore Center at the top of the hour. The summer semester shuttle bus schedule can be viewed at http://www.mtu.edu/facilities/parking/campus-maps/Shuttle%20Service.pdf .
For questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Angie Kolehmainen at 7-3288 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Houghton Updated Summer Shuttle Schedule
As of May 2, 2016, the City of Houghton will be operating their summer shuttle schedule. They will be running the on-demand service Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please call 482-6092 to make a reservation. They will also be running the downtowner shuttle service Monday-Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Please see the link below for more information and rates.