Interested in becoming an RA for next school year? Click here for more information, including the dates and times of the required information sessions.
Residents of 1906 and 1907 completed their moves this weekend. Residents of 1909 and 1911 will be the next group of students to move. They are scheduled to move on January 20, 2017 at 5pm. We hope you will enjoy your newly renovated apartments!
Residents of 1906 and 1907 are scheduled to move into renovated buildings 1903 and 1905 on November 11. We hope you will enjoy your newly renovated apartments.
Have you tried SCOLA?
log in: mtu.edu
- SCOLA works with 160 countries including 200 languages
- People & Places features over 31,000 photos from 84 countries
- Foreign Text has 200 recurring newspaper and magazine publications with over 70 languages
- Learning Objects presents 20 languages with transcriptions, vocabulary word glossary & video clips: Mini-language lessons
- Insta-Class has 52 languages with quizzes & vocabulary words
- On The Street Videos offer 7,000+ ‘everyday’ videos from 90 countries spoken informally in their native language celebrating family traditions, sports, ceremonies, sharing recipes & more
- Our Video Editor allows you to create your own size video from any video
- Specialized Word & Video Search has 150,000 native words
- Country Overview Videos has unique travelogue-style videos & introductory level language lessons
- International Radio presents 29 languages from 20 countries
- Savoir Vivre is a global adventure in culture. Travel the world. Discover its people. Explore new lifestyles. No passport needed
- Add SCOLA Mobile App to your iPhone, iPad or Android Device
- World TV Online provides 24/7 broadcast programming from all areas of our world
- Channel 1: European
- Channel 2: Spanish & Portuguese
- Channel 3: Mandarin Chinese
- Channel 4: Asian
- Channel 5: African
- Channel 6: Middle East
- Channel 7: Southeast Asia-Far East
- Channel 8: Eurasia
Squeeky door? Sticky lock? If you need a repair in your residence hall room, or if you notice something that needs repair anywhere on campus, please complete an online repair request form. This form is submitted to our Facilities staff who perform repairs Monday through Friday during business hours.
If you have an emergency and need urgent attention that cannot wait (no power, no heat, running water that will not stop) please call the DUTY phone for immediate assistance: 906-487-3889 or 906-487-DUTY.
The Portage Lift Bridge will be under construction from 2014-2016.
Please go online to read details about the upcoming closures. If you commute to campus from the other side of the bridge (Hancock, Lake Linden, Calumet, etc.), please review the bridge closure schedule. If you live on the Houghton side, please be aware of the bridge closure in case you plan to use the airport or medical offices at the hospital.
More information is online:
You can also read more about this MDOT project here:
Do you have a sticky door lock or a squeaky door? Did your light bulb burn
out? Did you notice something in your hall or building or apartment that
needs to be repaired? Please fill out an online repair request form for
assistance. Facilities staff will respond during the following business
days. The form is here: http://www.mtu.edu/facilities/maintenance/requests/
If you need urgent assistance (complete lack of heat, complete lack of
water, water is flowing and will not stop, no electricity), please call the
DUTY phone for immediate help! 906-487-3889