Transportation Services Updated Summer Shuttle Schedule
Transportation Services shuttle service will operate 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. during the summer semester beginning Monday, May 2. The shuttle services the Memorial Union Building to the SDC and through both the Lower and Upper Daniell Heights, stopping at the bus shelters. Additionally, the shuttle services the Lake Shore Center at the top of the hour. The summer semester shuttle bus schedule can be viewed at http://www.mtu.edu/facilities/parking/campus-maps/Shuttle%20Service.pdf .
For questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Angie Kolehmainen at 7-3288 or email@example.com.
City of Houghton Updated Summer Shuttle Schedule
As of May 2, 2016, the City of Houghton will be operating their summer shuttle schedule. They will be running the on-demand service Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please call 482-6092 to make a reservation. They will also be running the downtowner shuttle service Monday-Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Please see the link below for more information and rates.
Are you taking classes this summer? Would you like a great summer getaway from your home and enjoy an amazing summer in the Keweenaw? If so, stay in Wadsworth Hall this summer. Living on-campus means you can get to class by just crossing the road! Our special summer getaway package includes:
- Wireless Internet
- Cable TV
- Quad Core Fitness Club Access (for an additional fee)
- Reception Desk Services for your mail and other items
- Unlimited Meals – INCLUDED!
So what are you waiting for? Swing into Housing & Residential life and sign-up for summer housing today!
Single Room Rates:
Single Track – $1,995
Both Track A & B – $3,990
Double Room Rates:
Single Track – $1,715
Both Track A & B – $3,430
- SCOLA works with 160 countries including 200 languages
- People & Places features over 31,000 photos from 84 countries
- Foreign Text has 200 recurring newspaper and magazine publications with over 70 languages
- Learning Objects presents 20 languages with transcriptions, vocabulary word glossary & video clips: Mini-language lessons
- Insta-Class has 52 languages with quizzes & vocabulary words
- On The Street Videos offer 7,000+ ‘everyday’ videos from 90 countries spoken informally in their native language celebrating family traditions, sports, ceremonies, sharing recipes & more
- Our Video Editor allows you to create your own size video from any video
- Specialized Word & Video Search has 150,000 native words
- Country Overview Videos has unique travelogue-style videos & introductory level language lessons
- International Radio presents 29 languages from 20 countries
- Savoir Vivre is a global adventure in culture. Travel the world. Discover its people. Explore new lifestyles. No passport needed
- Add SCOLA Mobile App to your iPhone, iPad or Android Device
- World TV Online provides 24/7 broadcast programming from all areas of our world
- Channel 1: European
- Channel 2: Spanish & Portuguese
- Channel 3: Mandarin Chinese
- Channel 4: Asian
- Channel 5: African
- Channel 6: Middle East
- Channel 7: Southeast Asia-Far East
- Channel 8: Eurasia
The Portage Lift Bridge will be under construction from 2014-2016.
Please go online to read details about the upcoming closures. If you commute to campus from the other side of the bridge (Hancock, Lake Linden, Calumet, etc.), please review the bridge closure schedule. If you live on the Houghton side, please be aware of the bridge closure in case you plan to use the airport or medical offices at the hospital.
More information is online:
You can also read more about this MDOT project here:
Do you have a sticky door lock or a squeaky door? Did your light bulb burn
out? Did you notice something in your hall or building or apartment that
needs to be repaired? Please fill out an online repair request form for
assistance. Facilities staff will respond during the following business
days. The form is here: http://www.mtu.edu/facilities/maintenance/requests/
If you need urgent assistance (complete lack of heat, complete lack of
water, water is flowing and will not stop, no electricity), please call the
DUTY phone for immediate help! 906-487-3889