Residents of 1909 and 1911 completed their moves January 20, 2017. Residents of 1908 and 1910 will be the next group of students to move. They are scheduled to move on March 17, 2017 at 5pm. We hope you will enjoy your newly renovated apartments!
Are you a current student and you want to renew a contract to live in the residence halls next year? Current students will be able to renew contracts starting on Monday, January 16. You can read more about the process online:
Interested in becoming an RA for next school year? Click here for more information, including the dates and times of the required information sessions.
Your safety and security is important to us. As apartments are renovation process, Housing will be installing new locks in each newly renovated apartment exterior door. These new locks are an upgrade to match the new hardware in the door. We are adding locks with additional interior “pins” to increase your security.
Residents of 1906 and 1907 completed their moves this weekend. Residents of 1909 and 1911 will be the next group of students to move. They are scheduled to move on January 20, 2017 at 5pm. We hope you will enjoy your newly renovated apartments!
Residents of 1906 and 1907 are scheduled to move into renovated buildings 1903 and 1905 on November 11. We hope you will enjoy your newly renovated apartments.
Have you tried SCOLA?
log in: mtu.edu
- SCOLA works with 160 countries including 200 languages
- People & Places features over 31,000 photos from 84 countries
- Foreign Text has 200 recurring newspaper and magazine publications with over 70 languages
- Learning Objects presents 20 languages with transcriptions, vocabulary word glossary & video clips: Mini-language lessons
- Insta-Class has 52 languages with quizzes & vocabulary words
- On The Street Videos offer 7,000+ ‘everyday’ videos from 90 countries spoken informally in their native language celebrating family traditions, sports, ceremonies, sharing recipes & more
- Our Video Editor allows you to create your own size video from any video
- Specialized Word & Video Search has 150,000 native words
- Country Overview Videos has unique travelogue-style videos & introductory level language lessons
- International Radio presents 29 languages from 20 countries
- Savoir Vivre is a global adventure in culture. Travel the world. Discover its people. Explore new lifestyles. No passport needed
- Add SCOLA Mobile App to your iPhone, iPad or Android Device
- World TV Online provides 24/7 broadcast programming from all areas of our world
- Channel 1: European
- Channel 2: Spanish & Portuguese
- Channel 3: Mandarin Chinese
- Channel 4: Asian
- Channel 5: African
- Channel 6: Middle East
- Channel 7: Southeast Asia-Far East
- Channel 8: Eurasia
Residents of 1903 and 1905 are scheduled to move into renovated buildings 1810 and 1812 on September 16. We hope you will enjoy your newly renovated apartments.
Squeeky door? Sticky lock? If you need a repair in your residence hall room, or if you notice something that needs repair anywhere on campus, please complete an online repair request form. This form is submitted to our Facilities staff who perform repairs Monday through Friday during business hours.
If you have an emergency and need urgent attention that cannot wait (no power, no heat, running water that will not stop) please call the DUTY phone for immediate assistance: 906-487-3889 or 906-487-DUTY.
On Thursday July 28, Michigan Tech IT is transitioning to a new cable TV provider. During the switch over, your TV may not receive any channels for a period of time as things are switched.
Once this switch is made, you’ll need to “re-scan” for channels on your TV.
Every TV is different, but generally you go into a setup menu, channel setup and there is an option to scan for channels. The new channel lineup is located at www.it.mtu.edu/cabletv
Other new features such as streaming to devices will be enabled in the coming weeks. We will let you know when they are ready.
If you have any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 7-1111.