One of my most exciting moments so far during my internship has been seeing my work outside my workplace, such as being handed out on flyers or most recently, the hanging banners outside of Wads for Summer Youth Programs this summer. It was a really fun and difficult process. I had to create many drafts to present to my boss’s boss, discuss with him what he wanted to see on the pillars, and come up with new design concepts that made everyone happy. I had to create 3 different banners that all had to have similar themes, and do this within a tight deadline. However, it was all worth it when he came in smiling the day they were hung up saying how much he loved the final product. It’s the little moments like that that make me realize this is what I want to do with my career.
- Kati Hook, Graphic Design Intern for the MTU Creative Suite 155
- Ciara Poe, Events Intern at the Battle Creek Area Chamber of Commerce
- Aspen Holmes, Intern for the MTU Office of Continuous Improvement
- Marlo Jayne, Tech Today Intern for MTU Marketing and Communications
- Connor Will, intern for KOHLER Kitchen & Bath Americas, Further Thoughts