Kathy Wardynski, Manager of Purchasing and Process Improvement for Dining Services has been featured in an article by Lean Path, a company who markets Food Waste Tracking Systems. Dining Services purchased a Lean Path ValuWaste Tracker last year to track and manage pre-consumer waste in the four kitchens at Michigan Tech. Weighing in and collecting data on pre-consumer food that goes in the trash has influenced staff to begin thinking of creative ways to eliminate the waste. The employees have been applying Lean thinking and practices to reduce the waste at each location. to read the full article, click HERE. Congratulations to Kathy and all of the Dining Services Staff!
Continuous Improvement Blog
About this blog…
This blog is set up to complement Michigan Tech's Continuous Improvement Website; keeping the campus community up-to date and involved in University improvement efforts.
Most Recent Posts
- Mike Taubitz featured on Leanblog.org
- ThedaCare Improvement System Experience!
- MUB Catering Standards & Visual Controls Part I
- Making a Good Problem Statement – Tech Fit Process Improvement
- Customer Appreciation Week Lean Tours