- Microsoft Office 365 is now available for currently enrolled students to download free of charge at http://it.mtu.edu/downloads.
- Our next and final IT Student Outreach Forum for the semester will be held on April 22, 2014 from 6:00pm-8:00pm in the Alumni Lounge of the Memorial Union Building. Food will be served and a door prize drawing will be held. RSVP to our facebook event page or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our IT feedback form has received quite a few comments over the past month, including:
- suggestions on furnishings for wireless lounges, requests for staplers/hole punches, and adding computers to the workspaces in the Library to facilitate collaboration. You can continue to anonymously leave feedback on Michigan Tech IT services via this Google form: http://goo.gl/hMOF48.
- Where’s Chris? Every Wednesday from 2-4pm, IT Intern Chris Cena will be hanging out in a different location on campus, available to take your comments and concerns directly to IT Management. His location will be posted on our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/MichiganTechIT.
The second phase of wireless lounge conversion will begin in January 2014. We want your help! We’re looking for ideas on everything from furnishings to technology. Interested in collaborating with us? Get in touch! Contact us at email@example.com or 487-1111.
Did you know you can record your class and other events in Dow 642? Due to a recent gift by William G. Jackson, a Michigan Tech alumnus and President of CableAmerica, you now have the capability to do so.
Over the summer, Dow 642 underwent a technological transformation. In order to enhance the teaching and learning experience, Media Technology Services installed an Echo360 Lecture Capture system and other audio/visual improvements. With the installation of this technology, you can conduct a live broadcast of your your course or event or record for future on-demand viewing.
In addition to lecture capture technology, other improvements in Dow 642 include:
- Installation of (2) 80” LCD monitors
- Newly-built instructor podium
- Crestron touch screen control system
- Removable wall-mounted marker boards to encourage collaboration
Dow 642 is now one of eleven rooms on campus that includes lecture capture technology in support of online and blended learning.
Room reservations can be made through the Registrar’s Office. To learn more about the technology and other services provide by Media Technology services, visit our web site or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.