Print a “waiver form” from the Registrar’s Office website.
03 Special Approval/Restriction Waiver is most common.
If you get a Registration error, check the course pre-reqs/co-reqs/restrictions in the course descriptions listing. You can quickly get to the course description by clicking the CRN in the Schedule of Classes.
To obtain approval:
- Print a waiver form.
- Complete your form and obtain signature approval from the Course instructor or department advisor.
- Bring completed, signed waivers to:
- Student Services Center – Admin Bldg.
- EERC 131 for EE courses and ECE enterprise waivers
Enterprise: Instructor approval required for most enterprises, every semester. Bring waiver form to the enterprise faculty advisor or pick up waiver from your enterprise advisor. Bring signed form to Judy for ACE, WCE, & Blue Marble. For other Enterprises, see their sponsoring department if approval is needed to register & take signed form to Student Services Center (Admin Bldg).
Class Restriction on a UN course? Class restrictions for the UN/SBS/HUFA courses will be removed after the sophomores and freshmen have scheduled – near the end of the 2nd week of the initial registration period. If you miss that, UN classes will open to everyone at the end of orientation week.
Full Class? Go to department that offers the class for permission to enroll in a filled-section. First-year students use Orange form. Others use Green Filled section form available in Advising Offices. I cannot get you into full classes in other departments such as MA, PH, PE or SS.
ENG courses: Go to Dillman 112, the Fundamentals of Engineering Department.
Waivers for non-EE courses need to be signed by the department advisor or instructor for that course. Bring signed wiavers to the Student Services Center.
- ENG or Cohort – Dillman 112
- CH – Chem Sci 607D /206A Lois Blau /Denise Laux (CH1000, CH1150, CH1151, CH1153)
- CS – Rekhi 221 Jen Franke or Sarah Kuhl
- MA – Fisher 205A Beth Reed
- EE – EERC 131 Judy Donahue or Trever Hassell
- PH – Fisher 221 Wil Slough or Dr. John Jaszczak
- PE – SDC 231 Terry Anderson
UN – Class Restriction – see Helene Hiner, Library 229 or Student Services Center.
Types of waivers and who you go to request approval:
- Full Section (get approval signature from department offering the course)
- Pre-requisite missing (get approval signature from instructor)
- Instructor / special permission / Restriction (approval from instructor)
- Credit Overload Permission form (approval signature from your academic advisor)
- Time Conflict/Exam Conflict (approval from BOTH instructors)