Please use this link for registration FAQs and a video tutorial regarding online registration through BanWeb.
If you get a registration error, please pay attention to the specific error that comes up and you may be able to troubleshoot the problem. Check the course prerequisites/restrictions and the course descriptions listing by clicking on the section CRN in BanWeb. If you think you need a waiver to override an error, please see below.
Waiver forms are available from the Registrar’s Office website.
Types of waivers:
- Filled sections: Get approval from department offering the course. See FAQ #8 for listing of correct contact person(s) by department. May or may not require a signed form.
- Lacking prerequisite: Get approval from MEEM course coordinator – see an academic advisor to identify the right faculty member or the department offering the course. Prerequisites are not generally waived for required MEEM courses.
- Instructor permission: Most commonly required to enroll in enterprise project courses. For enterprise, may use internal ME form through the end of 1st week of the semester. Otherwise special approval or late-add form (if after 1st week) is used. See an advisor for these forms.
- Special Approval/Restriction waivers: Use special approval form for instructor permission to waive class, level or other restrictions where appropriate.
- Credit overload permission form: Approval signature from your academic advisor. Approval from Student Affairs (Dean of Students office) necessary if on academic probation.
- Time conflict/exam conflict: Approval from all instructors involved is required.
- Grading Changes: Used if student wishes to change the course to an audit or pass-fail.
To obtain approvals:
- Print a waiver form or pick the correct form up from the ME Advising Center (most forms are available outside the offices).
- Fully complete your form and get required signatures.
- Bring completed, signed waivers to:
- Student Service Center – First floor Administration Building
- or ME Advising Center (for MEEM or enterprise related forms)
Enterprise: Instructor approval required for many enterprise teams, every semester. Bring enrollment form to the enterprise faculty advisor for their signature. Return signed form to ME Advising Center (204/205 MEEM) by the end of 1st week, late add procedures in effect after 1st week. For ENT 4950 the typical instructor permission form is not used. See FAQ #2 or here for ENT 4950 enrollment instructions.
Late Adds: After 1st week of the semester, any added courses or section changes are late adds. See an academic advisor to determine if a late add is appropriate and to get a late add form. MEEM course control/waiting list policies are still in effect for late-adds or section changes of MEEM courses.