There are deadlines each semester regarding University policy for adding and dropping courses. These deadlines represent changes in grading policies and methods for adding and dropping courses.
Adding full-semester courses (fall or spring semesters)
Courses may be added on BanWeb during the initial registration period until 5:00 p.m. on Friday of the first week of the semester. Registration closes for a short period after initial registration and then reopens until the end of the 1st week of classes.
- After Friday of the 1st week of a semester, students must see an academic advisor for a late-add form which must be approved by the section instructor. MEEM course control/waiting list policies are still in effect for late-adds or section changes of MEEM courses.
Dropping full-semester courses (fall or spring semesters)
- Courses may be dropped on BanWeb until 5:00 p.m. on the Wednesday of second week of a semester.
- After Wednesday of the 2nd week, all drops must be done in person at the Student Service Center (first floor Administration Building).
- If a drop will put a student below 12 credits, the deadline to get a refund for that drop is at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday of the 2nd week, otherwise plateau tuition is in effect for 12-18 credits. Specific course fees may lead to bill balance changes. No refunds of any kind will be granted after Wednesday of the 2nd week unless the entire semester’s registration is withdrawn. Contact the Registrar’s Office for the percentage refund schedule in the case of complete withdrawal.
- First year students must get an advisor’s signature on an orange first-year add/drop slip for any drops after the 1st week of the semester.
- Courses may be dropped at the Student Service Center until 5:00 p.m. on Friday of the 3rd week with no grade. Courses dropped by this deadline will not appear on the student’s transcripts.
- First year students must obtain their advisor’s and instructor’s signatures on the orange first-year add/drop slip for any drops after the 3rd week.
- Courses dropped after 5:00 p.m. on Friday of the 3rd week through 5:00 p.m. on Friday of the 10th week will earn a ‘W’ grade. After this deadline, courses may not be dropped without extenuating circumstances. Late drops will not be granted just to avoid poor grades.
- Courses dropped during the 4th week through the 10th week will earn a ‘W’ grade (withdrawn). A ‘W’ appears on the student’s transcript which indicates that the student dropped the course. ‘W’ marks do not affect GPA calculations, but the credits dropped are included in attempted credit hours for financial aid purposes (satisfactory academic progress).
Dropping summer half-semester courses (Track A or B)
- For summer half-semester courses (Track A/Track B), please see the Important Dates posted to the ME Advising page or the Registrar’s Office page/academic calendar for drop deadlines. See an advisor with questions.
- Plateau tuition is not in place for summer semester so any drops before the refund deadline (4:00 p.m. on Thursday of the 1st week of the track) may be refunded.
For half-semester courses during fall or spring semesters, please see an advisor with questions.