Pursuing a research degree such as the MS or PhD means that you will be dividing your time and effort between classroom and research activities. Both activities contribute to your learning experience and neither should be neglected. You are responsible for making satisfactory progress in both the classroom and your research project throughout your educational experience. If you are funded under a GTA position, then you may also have responsibilities involving grading or teaching activities.
- Learn How to Submit Your Thesis or Dissertation for 2013
- What are the required courses and other curriculum requirements? What about the ‘qualifying’ exam?
- What types of research facilities are available within the department?
- What are the responsibilities of a graduate student in the MSE program?
- What types of financial support are available from the MSE department?