We would like to encourage individuals to go out on Banweb and sign up to receive their W-2 Form electronically, if you haven’t already done so. To sign up to receiving your W-2 electronically:
- No paper check to lose or damage
- No making a trip to the bank or ATM
- The money is scheduled to be in the employee’s bank account on pay day (usually by 8:00 a.m.)
- Employee can split the pay among more than one bank account, if employee chooses
- Electronic pay check stub
To set up your Direct Deposit allocation, log in to Banweb:
- Select “Employees” from the top navigation bar.
- Select the menu item called “Pay Information”.
- Select “Direct Deposit Allocatio”n.
- Select “Update Direct Deposit Allocation” from the bottom of the page.
- Enter the new information and click the Save button.
If you are receiving a monthly allowance through payroll for home internet service or business cell phone use, a new allowance form must be completed for calendar year 2013 and submitted to Payroll Services by Friday, November 30th. A copy of a current detailed bill must be attached to the form and all three signature lines on the form must be completed.
The current allowance you are receiving for this calendar year is set to expire in December 2012.
The home Internet allowance policy can be found at http://www.admin.mtu.edu/admin/policy/bus_fin/2008.htm
The cell phone allowance policy can be found at http://www.admin.mtu.edu/admin/policy/bus_fin/2009.htm
The allowance request form can be found at http://www.admin.mtu.edu/acct/pdf/Cell_Internet_Form.pdf
On October 16, 2012, the Social Security Administration announced that the 2013 social security wage base will be $113,700, up $3,600 from the 2012 wage base of $110,100.