The Office of Naval Research has recently approved a Fringe Benefit rate for Michigan Tech. Effective July 1, 2014, the regular non-student employee fringe rate of 36.5 percent, summer/additional compensation employee fringe rate of 20.0 percent, and graduate student employee rate of 7.5 percent will be applied to all funds, including active sponsored projects.
These newly approved rates should be used on all Sponsored Programs proposal budgets with a submission date after July 3, 2014.
New rates effective July 1, 2014 are as follows:
- Regular non-student rate: 36.5 percent
- Summer/additional rate: 20.0 percent
- Graduate student rate: 7.5 percent
- Temporary employee rate: 10 percent
- Undergraduate rate: 0 percent
The current provisional rate agreement can be found on the Research website.