Khana Khazana- Chinese Cuisine
Diwali Night 2012
Indian Students Association (ISA) would like to formally invite you to ISA’s biggest and most awaited event of the year, Diwali Night 2012 on Saturday, December 1. We would be delighted to have your presence felt at our event and join in the celebrations of Diwali festival. Please find enclosed early bird offer and promo video for more details.
Broomball Broom Making with Sigma Tau Gamma
Upcoming Winter Carnival Deadlines and Announcements:
- Month-Long Statue Applications: due Tuesday, November 27, 2012 by 5pm to retain lottery priority, email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- Stage Revue Applications: due Wednesday, November 28, 2012 by 5pm, email email@example.com with questions
- Beards Registration: Open from Monday, November 26 – Friday, November 30, 2012 at 5pm in the Blue Key office, email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- Rulebooks: now available in the Blue Key office (MUB 106), each organization can pick up one rulebook
- Online Special Events Registration: This was not opened Monday, November 26 as planned. Online registration will be open by Monday, December 10, 2012.
- Winter Carnival on Facebook: Like “Michigan Tech Winter Carnival” on Facebook for updates!
For more information please contact Michelle Chiodi at email@example.com
Outdoor Adventure Program Hosts Annual Gear Swap
Annual Gear Swap hosted by the Outdoor Adventure Program will be held on Friday, December 7 from 1:00 AM-2:00 PM in the Alumni Lounge. A great time to pick up some gently used outdoor gear at a great price!
Gear for sale can be dropped off at the OAP Dec. 3-6, 2012.
For more information contact the OAP at 487-2290
BIG Question Series Continues
Friday, November 30! BIG Question series continues with this:
WHY ARE CHRISTIANS SO… ? How would you finish that? Watch this YouTube: http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=0BFJBFNU
Sponsored by Lutheran Campus Ministry (ELCA)
A discussion on the documentary will proceed immediately after the viewing. The discussion will be facilitated by: Dr.Laleh vahdat, Member of the Bahá’í Faith, Ms. Sundra Moyyad, Member of the Bahá’í Faith, and Dr Saeid Nooshabadi, Professor and Director of Center for Computer Systems Research, Michigan Tech.
For specific information about the film, please visit www.educationunderfire.com/the-documentary.
Program sponsors include the Center for Diversity and Inclusion, International Programs and Services and Dr. Saeid Nooshabadi. For more information about this event, please contact the Center for Diversity and Inclusion at 487-2920.
Dodgeball has 5 rules: Dodge. Dip. Dive. Duck. Dodge.
the senior design team has designed a pond near Princes’ Point (for
feasibility) and will look at another one near Walker Hall (the most
THANKS TO ALL WHO FILLED OUT THE SURVEY!!!
Question 2: ‘What is your current status at Michigan Tech?’
Response % Response Count
Undergraduate Student 29.6% 273
Graduate Student 4.7% 43
Faculty/Staff 65.7% 606
Question 3: ‘Are you previously familiar with Low Impact
Yes 40.5% 377
No 59.5% 533
Question 4: ‘Would you like to see an LID pond on campus?’
Yes 74.2% 644
No 25.8% 224
Aesthetics and environmental benefits. Perhaps also skating in
Unwanted wildlife, mosquitoes, maintenance.
Note: a solar-powered fountain is being considered to add beauty, keep
the surface from being stagnant so mosquitoes can’t breed.