It’s K-Day Today
Don’t forget to take the FREE shuttle bus ride to McLain State Park! The first bus leaves at 11:30 am today. The shuttle bus is at the Memorial Union Building. Come and join in on the fun, today at K-Day at McLain State Park!
Michigan Tech’s Engineering Ambassadors Program
Do you want to be a part of an outreach to middle and high schoolers to teach about engineering?
Do you want to grow in your professional communication skills?
If yes… then you should check out Michigan Tech’s Engineering Ambassadors Program! Open to all Engineering majors. Join a group of students who present on an engineering topic and conduct a hands on activity at local schools to excite students about engineering!
Our first meeting will be Tuesday September 12 at 5 PM in Fisher 125. Snacks will be provided!
Contact advisor Jaclyn Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the email list, and with any questions, or stop by our booth at K-day.
We are looking forward to seeing you Tuesday!
Week of Wellness: September 11-15, 2017
- Monday-September 11
- Kevin Hines, Cracked Not Broken
- I jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge
- Fisher 135, 7:00 pm
- All are welcome, Free event
- Kevin Hines, Cracked Not Broken
Student Day at the Houghton Downtown Farmers Market
- On the waterfront by the Portage Lake District Library, 3-6:00 pm
- First 100 students $5 vouchers
- All students in the area are welcome to attend/receivevouchers (as quantities last)
Outdoor Yoga with Huskies fit
- Walker Lawn (Rain location MUB ballroom A1), 7:00 pm
- Bring your own mat
- Free Event, all are welcome
- Thursday-September 14
- Health Fair
- 4-6:00 pm, MUB Ballroom A
- Therapy Dogs, Nacho Bar, Student incentives/prizes, giveaways, free screenings performed by students, free massages, and more!
- Free event, all are welcome
- Health Fair
For more information on any of the Week of Wellness events, please visit www.mtu.edu/wellness
The Rozsa Center and Parade of Nations presents………..
The headline act for Michigan Tech’s 2017 Parade of Nations celebration, on Saturday, September 16, at 7:30 pm. China Gold is a spectacular international acrobatic presentation featuring many feats of strength, speed and agility.
Tickets are on sale now, $10 for adults, $5 for children and no charge for students who have paid the Experience Tech fee. Tickets are available by phone, (906) 487-2073, online at mtu.edu/rozsa, in person at the Central Ticketing Office in the Student Development Complex, or at the Rozsa Box office the night of the show. Please note the Rozsa Box Office is only open two hours before performances.
- Service Leadership, Thursday, September 28, 6 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Wads G17/19
- Daring Way, Wednesday, October 11, 4 p.m. – 5 p.m., MUB Ballroom B1
- Ethics, Wednesday, November 1 from 4 p.m. – 5 p.m., MUB Ballroom B1 OR Thursday, November 2, 6 p.m. – 7 p.m., Wads G17/19
- Lead with Purpose (CliftonStrengths for Students Part 1), Thursday, September 14, 6 p.m. – 7 p.m., Wads G17/19 OR Wednesday, October 25 from 4 p.m. – 5 p.m., MUB B001
- Understanding the Strengths Profile (CliftonStrengths for Students Part 2), Wednesday, November 8, 4 p.m. – 5 p.m., MUB B001 OR Thursday, November 30, 6 p.m. – 7 p.m., Wads G17/19
- Applying StrengthsFinder (CliftonStrengths for Students Part 3), Wednesday, December 6 from 4 p.m. – 5 p.m., MUB B001
USG First-Year Rep Nominations Now Open
The Undergraduate Student Government would like to inform everyone that nominations for USG First-Year Representatives are now open!
We encourage students to nominate themselves or fellow students that would represent undergraduate students well this year. There are three positions open for first-year representatives.
Nominating someone is quick and easy – all you need to do is fill out [THIS GOOGLE FORM] or paste the link below into your address bar to nominate fellow classmates or yourself for a representative position on the USG body.
You will have until 11:59PM on September 12th, 2017 to make your nominations. Do not allow this opportunity to help select your future leaders pass you by! Thanks for your help!
Registration for Intramural Sports Open on Friday, August 25, 2017
Register your team at www.imleagues.com/MTU
UPCOMING INTRAMURAL EVENTS
Softball: Friday, September 8 @ 8:00 am
- Season begins September 10th
Sand Volleyball Fours: Friday, September 8 @ 8:00 am
- Season begins September 11th
Frisbockey: Friday, September 15 @ 8:00 am
- Season begins September 17th
Soccer Fours: Friday, September 15 @ 8;00 am
- Season begins September 20th
2-Person Golf Scramble: Friday, September 8 @ 10:00 am
- Tournament on Saturday, September 9th
- Must sign up for a Tee-Time in the Intramural Office
Racquetball Singles: Friday, September 27 @ noon
Disc Golf Singles: Friday, September 22 @ 10 am
- Tournament on Saturday, September 23 @ 10 am
For more information: email@example.com
The Center for Diversity and Inclusion presents this year’s Social Justice Lecture Series.
Huskies will get a chance to see some truly engaging, educational and thought provoking speakers. The series is relevant and will speak to topics that touch on local, national and global levels. After each lecture there is a chance to continue the conversations after our speakers leave in a partner healthy dialogue series.
Adult Fitness Classes are now available!