Well, here we are, Week 6; the semester is well under way, and our days are filled with lectures, labs, homework, and (hopefully) some fun and relaxation! The fall colors are really starting to come out now, and I am reminded of why I chose to transfer to Michigan Tech. When I first visited this campus, the trees were aglow in beatiful shades of red, orange, and yellow; it looked like the hills across the canal were on fire! I fell in love with the atmosphere of Houghton, and how close to nature the campus truly is. This similarity to the community college I’d been attending downstate made my transition to Michigan Tech much easier: I could look out my window, see the lovely colors of autumn in a cool breeze, and feel completely at home.
So, in the midst of autumn foliage, steadily-declining temperatures, and oh so much school work, how can we take a moment to celebrate this fantastic season, and enjoy the great outdoors before winter sets in???
Weel, there is always something to do on campus, and this coming weekend is no exception! Attend one or both of these terrific events to show your support for the football and hockey teams, and have a lot of fun in the process:
- Three varieties of chili will be provided and beverages will be available for purchase in LampLighters, a new cordoned-off area with alcohol sales in the west concourse of the arena.
- Additionally, the Blue Line Club will be giving away beer mugs to the first 100 fans age 21-and-older in attendance and will hold a raffle for Huskies North Suite tickets to the game against Northern Michigan on Oct. 24
- The Kid’s Zone is also scheduled to open early with face painting and a chance to meet Blizzard T. Husky available in the Puck Pit. An interactive green screen will also be set up where fans will be able to appear in content that will be shown on the arena video board.
- Dirk Hembroff, the radio voice of Michigan Tech hockey, will be hosting Mix 93’s pregame show live from the beer garden and TV6 is scheduled to be on hand for live look-ins to the event.
- LSGi Fund is sponsoring and giving away a 1000 t-shirts for students that night as part of the home opener celebrations. Students are encouraged to line up early for their Experience Tech seats and the t-shirts.
TECH TRADITIONS TO HOST “HOMECOMING TAILGATE” BEFORE OCT.10 GAME VS. NORTHWOOD
Join us for the Homecoming Tailgate!!!
- Show your support for the Huskies, enjoy FREE FOOD, high-five Blizzard, play some yard games, and have lots of fun! Everyone is welcome – just have your student ID or a ticket for the Homecoming Football Game!
Menu includes a BBQ sandwich bar, BBQ Beef, Pulled Pork, Chicken Tinga, cookies, lemonade, hot chocolate, and more! Alcohol will be available for purchase – Bring your ID.
Sponsored by University Dining Services with additional help from Athletics, Family Weekend, Alumni Relations, and Student Activities.