Once in a while, an item is edited and sent back to public when it shouldn’t have been. Or, older content is more accurate. To roll an item back to a previous state requires a few clicks, but is an easy process. Follow these steps and if you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
- Locate the item that will need to be rolled back in the CMS.
- The item will need to be checked-in, in the Quick Edit state. (Only items in Public/Quick Edit can be revised.)
- If the item is in Public, right-click the item and select “Change State (Workflow)” -> “Move to QuickEdit”.
- If the item is in QuickEdit (check out), right click the item and select “Change State (Workflow)” -> “Check-In”.
- Determine which version the item should be rolled back to. This can be done by right-clicking the item, “View More Information” -> “Revisions”.
- From the Revisions window, the latest revisions are at the bottom. You can View Content (left column) to verify which version is best. After you identify the best version, click Promote (left column).
The Edit Content window will launch. Click the Update button and Close.
Right-click and Change State (Workflow) > Return to Public. OK.
The new version of the page will show up after the next CMS publish. Note: if a whole page, including Right sidebars/Sliders (Highlights), Images, and Files need to be rolled back, the steps above need to be followed for each item.