Great new happenings at COACh – Check them out at our new COACh website!
Geraldine L Richmond <email@example.com
Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear COACh Members
Over the past year COACh has been developing some exciting new programs and going in some new directions! To find out more, check out our cool new website at http://coach.uoregon.edu – and be sure to try the coffee!
What you will find on our website:
* An expanded list of workshops for women faculty, graduate students and postdocs. Check out the new Career Balance Workshop in particular. It’s a winner and will be given at an upcoming ACS National Meeting.
* The creation of iCOACh (COACh International) to facilitate research and educational partnerships among scientists and engineers in the U.S. and those in developing countries (men can get involved too!)
* iCOACh Leadership and Career Development Workshops for women scientists in developing countries (iCOACh can use your help if you are from a developing country and/or are fluent in different languages)
* COACh Chat to provide an opportunity for COACh members to network and interact with each other on important research and education issues and to connect with workshop facilitators for advice. (You will soon be receiving a separate email inviting you to join COACh Chat and related information)
* Cyber-COAChing in which selected COACh members can get involved in coaching more junior women through our COACh Chat.
* Cyber-Sessions where we reconnect with former COACh workshop attendees to provide refresher training on topics covered in the workshops.
* Facebook and Linked-In opportunities to couple with COACh members and others in the scientiific community.
* Fun stuff for stress reduction (watch frequently for updates and send us fun things to post – including appropriate YouTube videos).
* Job listings and resources.
* Who pays the bills and who has been involved in COACh over the years.
This site will continue to evolve, with new features and continued improvements – so keep coming back. And as always, we look forward to hearing from all of you and to your continued interest in COACh.
In the meantime – please forward this to friends and colleagues who also might be interested in COACh.
Cheers and Happy Spring,
– Geraldine L. Richmond Richard M. and Patricia H. Noyes Professor COACh Director
Department of Chemistry University of Oregon Eugene OR 97403 Phone: (541) 346-4635 Fax: (541) 346-5859