Ann Kitalong-Will, Business Operations and Chair of the WorkLife Advisory Committee, is proud to announce that Michigan Tech’s second cohort of trained staff mentors completed the university’s Staff Mentor Training program on September 27, 2017. These mentors join our first cohort of staff mentors who are available to partner with staff wishing to develop professional knowledge and skills, create strategies for effective home-work blending, get to know Michigan Tech and the Keweenaw, or grow their networking skills.
Michigan Tech’s WorkLife Connections Office developed the Whole-life Mentoring Model, which is based on the philosophy that assisting employees to grow both personally and professionally empowers our employees to grow in their careers and to give back to our university and local communities. The Whole-life Mentoring Model was developed with funding received from the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (FMCS).
If you are interested in being mentored, please submit a Mentoring Interest Form (click HERE). New staff members and union employees (UAW, AFSCME, POA) are especially encouraged to apply to partner with a mentor.
The 2017 Mentor Cohort graduates are:
- Sharon Attaway (Career Services)
- Nancy Banfield (IT–Operations)
- Bobbie Dalquist (Financial Services & Operations)
- Stacey Donnelly (Career Services)
- Shelley Farrey (Career Services)
- Jodie Filpus-Paakola (School of Business & Economics)
- Beth Frederick (Facilities Management–Custodial Services)
- Wendy Hackman (Facilities Management–Custodial Services)
- Laura Harry (Memorial Union)
- Kristi Kesti-Pieti (Sponsored Programs Office)
- Karen Maki (IT–Business Operations)
- Tanya Maki (Human Resources)
- Tammy Monette (Facilities Management–Custodial Services)
- Josh Myles (IT–Operations)
- Kimberly Puuri (Compliance, Integrity, & Safety Office)
- Brenda Randell (Office for the Associate VP for Administration)
- Michelle Reed (School of Technology)
- Heather Sander (Office of Advancement)
- Lori Weir (Facilities Management–Administration Services)