Accounting Club takes on Chicago

At 5am on Thursday, October 29th, thirteen accounting and finance undergraduate students from the Kappa Sigma Iota Accounting Club of Michigan Tech traveled to Chicago, Illinois for their annual fall trip. While there, the group networked with accounting professionals from Kimberly Clark, Crowe Horwath, the IRS, and Barclays Capital.

Kimberly Clark, a manufacturing company; Crowe Horwath, a public accounting firm; the IRS, a governmental entity; and Barclays Capital, a financial bank; each showed the group a wide array of career opportunities that require an accounting or finance degree.

While in Chicago Kappa Sigma Iota also had the chance to network with recruiters, discuss job prospects, and show the companies the terrific business talent that exists at Michigan Tech.

“Kappa Sigma Iota’s trip to Chicago has opened my eyes to the variety of opportunities that come with an accounting degree! I had a blast and I’m glad I went,” said KSI member, Alyson Dreher.

Learn more about Kappa Sigma Iota, Michigan Tech’s accounting organization.

Guest post from William Thiele, president of the Kappa Sigma Iota chapter at Michigan Tech.

Comments Closed