There is no deadline for receipt of your application. Graduate applications are considered as they are received, once they are complete. However, financial assistance is usually awarded by mid-March (see “How is financial aid awarded”). To be considered for assistance at that time, your completed application must begin review up to 1.5 months earlier, so all materials should be in by the end of January (somewhat earlier for international applicants).
- Is there a deadline for applying?
- What is holding up my application – why have I not heard back yet?
- What GRE or TOEFL scores are required?
- How is financial aid awarded?
- What if I do not receive financial aid?
- How long do I have to consider an offer of financial assistance, and what should I do if I am offered funding at more than one university?
- What is the difference between the Master of Engineering and Master of Science degrees?
- What is the difference between the M.S. Environmental Engineering and M.S. Environmental Engineering Science degrees?
- What is the student cost of living in Houghton?
- Is graduate student health insurance available?
The goal of this NSF-funded program is to improve the recruitment of women and minorities in graduate engineering programs. From 2011 to 2014, SSEED will award five scholarships each year for first-year graduate engineering students at an amount of up to $8,000 each.
To learn more please visit: http://www.doe.mtu.edu/sseed/graduate.html