Click here for the Scholarship Application Form
The Wisconsin Section of AWWA Young Professionals Committee is excited to announce that scholarship applications are now being accepted for the 2019 scholarship program. The WIAWWA Scholarship was created by WIAWWA’s Young Professional Committee to encourage and support: 1) outstanding individuals pursuing a degree or training in the field of drinking water supply and treatment, and 2) children of WIAWWA members.
While categories 1, 2 and 3 remain popular scholarships for full time students, categories A and B have been created to assist WIAWWA professionals pursuing further education. We are especially excited to announce the category B One AWWA Operator Scholarship. This scholarship is made possible by the AWWA providing annual matching funds to the state organization.
Applicants must submit:
- Application form.
- Proposed curriculum of study (i.e., list of courses that have been or will be taken during the course of the pursued curriculum).
- Two letters of recommendation/reference, with at least one being an educational or professional reference.
- One page essay of educational plans and career objectives (all categories). For Category 1, 2 and 4 applicants, the one page essay should also demonstrate or declare an interest in the drinking water supply field (especially in Wisconsin – see WIAWWA Mission Statement).
- One page resume that includes all schools, colleges and universities attended; dates, major/fields of study, grade point average, degrees received, work experience, civic work, and extracurricular activities.
- Unofficial transcripts.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Category 1 – University Student
- Enrolled full time in a university or college fall 2019 semester.
- Pursuing a degree relevant to the drinking water supply field.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at time of application.
- Have not received WIAWWA (or WWA) scholarship previously in this category.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and Wisconsin resident.
- Additional consideration will be given to student members of WIAWWA/AWWA.
Completed applications must be postmarked no later than April 26, 2019. The scholarship recipients will be notified by May 24, 2019, and will be publicly recognized at the 2019 WIAWWA Annual Conference held on September 11 – 13, 2019 at the Monona Terrace Community & Convention Center in Madison