At the career fair, we will be looking for Civil, Environmental, and Mechanical Engineering Interns, Co-ops, and entry level full-time positions. MSA is committed to mentoring and teaching to assist student’s grow in their professional careers. Please visit our website at www.msa-ps.com to learn more about MSA and our current openings.
More information on MSA
MSA Professional Services started in the 1930s as a rural land surveying business, MSA has grown into an employee-owned, multidisciplinary consulting firm employing more than 350 engineers, architects, planners, funding experts, surveyors, GIS experts, landscape architects and environmental scientists. We have 17 offices across four states (Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin) and collaborate to pioneer projects in communities throughout the United States. You can learn more about us in our video.
MSA has earned a variety of notable industry accolades. The Milwaukee Business Journal identified the company as the third largest engineering firm in Wisconsin in its 2018 report. MSA was also selected Wisconsin Company of the Year for 2018 by the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Association. We also pride ourselves on being an employer of choice and take seriously our commitment to offering a fun, engaging professional culture as well as a healthy work-life balance.
MSA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. I encourage you to share this information with your organization and we hope to speak with you at the career fair!
|Alicia Fluhr | HR Business Partner|
MSA Professional Services, Inc.100% Employee OwnedAn Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
+1 (563) 584-2900
The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) is currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Environmental Engineer 9-P11/12 position within the Environmental Stewardship Division. This position is open to all applicants. Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV.
If you are interested in obtaining more information or applying for the position, click on the link below.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Quality of Life – Human Resources
Serving EGLE, DNR, and MDARD
Phone: (517) 284-5019
Fax: (517) 241-7433
Staff EngineerJob Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from a 4-year accredited college or university. Masters of Science in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering is a preferred. EIT preferred, but not required.
- 0 – 4 years of demonstrated experience in Civil Engineering.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in written format.
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications is preferred.
- Minimal proficiency in CADD.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, and thorough follow-through skills.
- Accuracy, dependability and strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects within budgets and deadlines.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to physically lift up to 50 pounds and perform field work.
- Perform and coordinate field inspections and investigations under supervision of a project engineer, including on-site direction of geotechnical drilling activities.
- Monitor construction operations, including earthwork, dewatering, and excavation support installations and prepare engineering field reports.
- Inspect test borings, test pits, monitoring wells, and install and read geotechnical instrumentation.
- Conduct laboratory and field testing of soils.
- Perform a variety of engineering analyses and calculations, with and without the use of engineering software.
- Assist with the preparation of technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications, and reports, including day to day correspondence.
- Prepare initial versions of technical reports and evaluations.
- Work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time, and have ability to work in a team environment
- May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
Apply on HandShake.
Timiny RR Construction Inc. is searching for young people interested in or looking for a career in the construction industry.
We have openings in Toledo, Ohio and Cleveland – our geographic presence covers 7 states.
Pending the individual, we have field positions open and office environment positions with up to 50% travel required.
My job is to provide a platform for all employees to succeed and simultaneously make sure they are aware it is up to them to create additional opportunities for themselves.
As most companies, personal drive and determination exhibited will determine investment we are willing to make on their behalf.
We are a small company so there is substantial exposure to all aspects of the industry vs getting stuck doing takeoffs or singular task assignments (I had a few of your interns while at Kiewit).
Web site is https://timinyinc.com/employment/ Send applications directly to David Landreth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently, due to retirements and reorganization, two or three positions are opening in the NRCS (Natural Resources Conservation Service) office in Aiken County, MN. The positions are:
- Soil Conservationist
- Soil Technician
The hiring will be done by the NRCS-MN HR department. Any questions can be directed to, Candi Fuller, who actually started working for the NRCS as a Soil Technician after growing up on local farms. Her contact information is:
If you would like to apply for the job, please send a letter of interest and resume via email, copy sent via US Mail, as Covid-19 regulations limit office staffing and encourage working from home.
The Michigan Department of Transportation is seeking applicants for the Land Surveyor 9-P11 (University Region). If you are interested, please apply through this link https://bit.ly/LandSurveyor9-P11
If you have questions please contact James Fults, MDOT Recruitment Unit Manager at 517-230-8004 or MDOT-Recruitment@michigan.gov
Below you will see the job duties and experience requirements.
This Land Surveyor position performs a variety of survey assignments using all survey equipment, computers and relative computer software. This position will also assign duties and review work of technicians and or seasonal workers. Position Description
Required Education and Experience
Education Possession of a bachelor’s degree with a major in surveying.
Experience Land Surveyor 9: No specific type or amount is required.
Additional Requirements and Information
Applicants who possess foreign degrees must have their academic credentials evaluated or converted into U.S. educational equivalents, unless the degree has been accepted by an accredited degree granting institution in the United States. Civil Service accepts evaluations from organizations listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. Go to https://stateofmichigan.sharepoint.com/teams/insidemcsc/Classification%20%20Selection/Documents/Foreign%20Degree%20Evaluators.pdf (Download PDF reader) for more information.
All newly hired state employees are required to submit and pass a pre-employment drug test and physical (if applicable) prior to their actual appointment. Criminal and driving records will also be checked if applicable. Any position offer will be conditional until results of the drug test, physical, criminal background, and driving records indicate eligibility for employment. The department reserves the right to close this posting prior to its original end date once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Your application for any position does not guarantee that you will be contacted by the Department for further consideration. Only those applicants interviewed will be notified of the results.
Possession of a land surveyor license issued by the State of Michigan in accordance with the provisions of Public Act 299 of 1980.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be evaluated on an individual basis. View the entire job specification at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/LandSurveyorLicensedSpecialist_12766_7.pdf (Download PDF reader)
Dan’s Excavating Inc. is looks for two interns and has one permanent position available.
For more information on the company, visit http://www.dansexc.com/.
For any questions, contact Dennis Rozanski at email@example.com
The U.S. Forest Service is now accepting applications through USA Jobs for up to two permanent, full time Land Surveyor positions in Washington state. Possible locations are Colville, Wenatchee, Everett, Tonasket, and Cle Elum.
Minimum qualifications at the GS-5 level are a degree in Land Surveying/Civil Eng. with a Surveying emphasis, or a combination of relevant education & experience. The GS-7, 9, and 11 level have additional qualification requirements, with a license to practice land surveying being required at the GS-11 level.
Interested Applicants – You can view the announcement and apply here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/583976800. Applications will be accepted November 9th to November 20th.
Some things to note:
- Be sure to select all locations you may be interested in.
- Be sure to attach all required documents to your application and compete the application in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Recruitment or Relocation Incentive may be authorized. Final determination will be made at the time of job offer.