Th City of Superior currently has an opening for the position of Wastewater Process Engineer.
Opening Date: 01/27/20
Closing Date: 02/10/20 4:30 PM
Salary: $25.77 – $32.21 Hourly
Work hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM; Monday – Friday (40 hours/week) or as needed otherwise
Definition: Under direction of the Wastewater Treatment Engineering and Operations Manager and the general supervision of the Facility Planning Coordinator, performs process control activities and monitors process control equipment related to City wastewater treatment plant and lift station operations.
Distinguishing Characteristics: This position is responsible for performing field work and analysis that supports successful process control regarding wastewater treatment plant assets, lift stations, control structures, and associated equipment. Typical duties may include process sampling, microscopic analysis, calculation of numerical data from process observations, generating internal reports regarding facility performance and effectiveness, gathering data related to new equipment needed or existing equipment needing repair or improvement.
Thorough knowledge of:
- SCADA systems and PLCs
- Modern wastewater treatment operations and maintenance and related engineering principles, practices and techniques
Working knowledge of:
- Construction observation tasks for treatment facility construction projects
- WPDES Permit requirements
Some knowledge of:
- Wastewater, stormwater and collection system operations, maintenance and engineering
- Equipment and maintenance requirements of a wastewater system
- Computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheets and data base systems, and geographic information systems
- Conduct research regarding equipment alternatives, analyze results and prepare the results
- Draw conclusions from data collected
- Understand and apply state and federal laws which apply to proper operation and maintenance of sewer systems, wastewater utilities, stormwater utilities as well as related engineering principles
- Perform sampling, flow monitoring equipment maintenance, and data collection from the field
- Write technical reports, procedures specifications, scopes of work, needs assessments, and recommendations to management
- Implement training programs and train a variety of staff levels
Applications may be filed online at: