If you need help with schedule planning, minors, co-ops, study abroad, changing majors, or degree audits then you will need to schedule a meeting with Katie Torrey using your Michigan Tech Google calendar. Advising meetings are usually 30 minutes long and will be held over Zoom. Katie will provide a Zoom link for the meeting when she receives your meeting request or you can set up your own Zoom link.
Appointments will not be available during busy times because there will be virtual walk-in advising hours instead. Walk-in advising times and Zoom links are posted on Katie’s Google calendar. No appointments are needed for walk-in hours. Just stop by.
Please come prepared to your appointment.
Directions for using your Google calendar to find an available time and scheduling a meeting are below:
- Login to your Michigan Tech Google account.
- In the list of Google Apps, click on Calendar.
- Create a new event by clicking on your calendar.
- Enter a title for your meeting.
- IMPORTANT – Find an available appointment time.
- Click on “Edit event”.
- Click on the “Find a time” tab.
- Add a guest to your appointment.
- Located on the far right hand side of the page.
- For an appointment with Katie, enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The calendar for your guests will appear with busy and free (blank) times indicated.
- Modify event date and time to a time when you are both available.
- Event date and time are located at the top of the page.
- If you do not see any available times, try another day.
- Most advising appointments are a half hour long.
- The proposed appointment time will show up on the calendars as a box with moving dashed lines.
- Click Save.
- You will be asked if you want to send your guests an invitation. Say “yes”.
- The appointment will show up on your calendar. Check that it is at the day and time you intended.
- The person that you’ve invited will receive notification of a meeting request. You will receive notification if they can or cannot attend.