Spring Break Science & Engineering Camps for Grade 1-3, Grade 4-6 offered Mar. 31, April 1-2
Classes meet 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Great Lake’s Research Center.
Cost: $120 per student. Up to 20 students per class. Register soon!
Pay by credit card: call the cashier 7-2247 (Your space is not reserved until payment has been received.)
Questions? Call: 7-3341
Grade 1-3 Engineering in Our World!
Learning about the engineering design process, each day of camp will present a different challenge to solve: designing bridges, improving play dough and designing walls. Following the Engineering is Elementary curricula for grades 1-3, campers will explore chemical engineering, materials engineering and civil engineering with visits from real engineers to the class.
Instructors: Marcy Erickson, Michelle Miller and Lloyd Wescoat
Grade 4-6 A Taste of Tech!
Kids will explore a variety of labs and do some cool engineering activities along the way!
- Watch worms at home in the soil with a visit to the Rhizotron
- Take a hike on Tech Trails
- Bend water and make silly putty at the chemistry lab
- Try out a real driving simulator with mechanical engineers
- Smash concrete and test a Maglev track with civil engineers
- Have fun with trains with transportation engineers.
- And enjoy a free lunch at Michigan Tech (MUB) on Thursday, compliments of the Michigan Tech Transportation Institute
Instructors: Joan Chadde, Chris Hohnholt, along with Michigan Tech faculty and students.