Please join us for the 2023 CLS Undergraduate Research Symposium on Tuesday 4/18 at 3:45-5:00pm in room 110 of the Harold Meese Center. This poster session will feature research conducted by our undergraduates students enrolled in PSY 3001 Research Methods.
Some of the highlights of this symposium include research that:
– Examines thinking styles and strategies for different problem-solving tasks.
– Tests whether the anchoring and adjustment heuristic can be influenced by people’s knowledge.
– Examines whether pets can make us smarter, or at least help us feel less impacted by academic stress.
– Investigates how students were impacted by the pandemic and MTUs COVID-19 policies and response.
– Studies the bystander response to flashmob behavior on campus.
The full list of presentations/abstracts is here:
Michigan Tech’s Department of Cognitive and Learning Sciences offers bachelor of science degrees in Psychology and Human Factors, along with a Minor in Psychology. We also offer an Accelerated Masters degree in Applied Cognitive Science and Human Factors (ACSHF), which typically requires only one additional year of course work. Our graduate program includes masters and doctoral degrees in Applied Cognitive Science and Human Factors (ACSHF).