Now accepting applications for summer 2020!
Nuclear Forensics Undergraduate Summer School
Program location: University of Texas-Austin
The Nuclear Forensics Undergraduate Summer School (NFUSS) is a six-week course, sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), designed to provide undergraduate students with comprehensive, experimental, hands-on training in topics essential to nuclear forensics. Through laboratory experiments and complementary lectures, students are introduced to the practice and technical aspects of nuclear forensic science. The NFUSS program will be held at the University of Texas-Austin and will also include a tour of Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
· Be at least 18 years old at time of application
· Be a U.S. citizen
· Be enrolled full-time as a degree-seeking student in a science, mathematics, or engineering program at an accredited four-year U.S. college or university
· Have completed at least two years of college-level coursework
· Have a minimum overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
You will receive a $5,000 stipend, and the program will cover your tuition, fees, housing, meals, and travel reimbursement for the program at the University of Texas-Austin and for the field trip to Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
How to Apply
Submit your application here: https://www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/ORNL-NTNFC-NFUSS-Summer2020
Applications must be submitted by March 6, 2020, at 3:00 p.m. ET.
MTSF is awarding two scholarship opportunities for the Spring 2020 Semester!
- The Working Students Award is a $1000 scholarship presented to four full time students (12+ credit hours) who work an average of at least ten hours a week. This scholarship is open to Undergraduate Students not graduating in May of 2020 and applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to be considered for this award.
The scholarship information and application can be found at the following link:
- The Students Helping Students Scholarship will provide one $2000, two $1000, and one $500 awards. This scholarship is open to Undergraduate Students not graduating in May of 2020. There is no minimum GPA requirement for this award!
The scholarship information and application can be found at the following link:https://forms.gle/5tHqGqjtX6ghks7b7
If you have any questions, contact Adam Portmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for a paid STEM internship opportunity?
This event is for you!
On February 20, from noon to 3 p.m. ET, the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) is hosting a virtual career fair to highlight the paid internships, fellowships, and research associate programs available to college students and recent graduates at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), the largest U.S. Department of Energy science and energy laboratory!
During the ORNL Science Education and Workforce Development Virtual Career Fair, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- CHAT with ORNL scientists about their research
- LEARN about the research and support areas that make up ORNL
- EXPLORE the paid internships, fellowships, and research associate programs at ORNL
- CONNECT with recruiters and get your questions answered
Click on the following link to apply: