Michigan Technological University is proud to announce the launch of the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Sense of Belonging (DEIS) Alumni Advisory Board in fall 2021. A testament to the University’s continued commitment to enhancing and improving the sense of belonging for all at Michigan Tech, this initiative is the next step in giving our campus community the culturally-responsive resources to succeed.
The DEIS Alumni Advisory Board will unite committed volunteers of varied backgrounds to support the learning environment at Michigan Tech. This group will assist with supporting the foundation of DEIS campus and alumni initiatives. Specifically, this board will:
- Offer guidance and feedback to the Michigan Tech President and other University leadership regarding DEIS efforts
- Use existing networks to cultivate and support diversity initiatives aimed at student body, faculty, and staff
- Assist in identifying resources (programs, in-kind services and philanthropic) for MTU DEIS efforts
- Serve as mentors/contacts for incoming, current students and recent graduates
- Serve as MTU ambassadors and facilitate University branding that promotes DEIS in identified communities and networks
- Establish, monitor, track and evaluate benchmarks by which to define success
- Support an inclusive environment in all things Michigan Tech
The DEIS Alumni Advisory Board will be facilitated and co-chaired by the Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion and the Vice President for Advancement and Alumni Engagement. Members will consist of committed alumni and friends representing a broad spectrum of talent from various industries. The Board will meet bi-annually for a day and half meeting. We are in the process of identifying and sending out invitations to board members for the inaugural board. Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. More updates to come.