Proposal Support from Campus Satellite Office

Guest author: Lisa Jukkala

VPR Campus Satellite Office Pilot

Sponsored Programs Office (SPO) Spotlight

To provide each of you with direct and convenient access to proposal support, the Vice President for Research (VPR) set up a satellite office on campus.  The majority of the VPR staff are located in the Lakeshore Center in downtown Houghton which means our interactions with you have been predominantly through email.  However, to support faculty and staff face-to-face, in areas related to sponsored programs, we located this office on the 6th floor of the Dow Environmental Sciences & Engineering Building. My name is Jennifer Bukovich and my role in SPO is to help with multiple aspects of your proposal preparation.

I’m located in room 616 and I am eager to assist the faculty and staff in many areas related to proposal submission and award administration including but not limited to:

• Interpretation of agency guidelines.
  • Prepare and/or provide guidance related to your budget, transmittal sheet and cost share form.
  • Interpretation of the grant/contract terms and conditions.
  • Provide guidance for post-award activities including no-cost time extensions, budget modifications, etc.

If you are working on your first proposal, we can start by talking about the resources you will need to complete your proposal.  I can guide and help you develop a budget that meets your agency format.  Michigan Tech requires an internal transmittal sheet to help all of the units supporting your research know their responsibilities and commitments.  I can help you complete this important document as it summarizes your project and includes all required University approvals.

The VPR Office and I are extremely excited about this opportunity to be located on campus. I look forward to the personal interaction this location will provide.  For assistance, please stop by my office, room 616 of the DOW building.