So, you are planning to go to Career Day. What do you need to prepare? What should you expect?
- Dress nicely. You do not need a suit; a nice shirt/blouse and slacks will do.
- Go prepared to tell them what you can do for them and why you are interested in working with their company.
- Have your resume on the Career Center web page (www.career.mtu.edu and click on the NACElink) and bring paper copies with you.
Present yourself well. Everyone knows that companies will look at resumes and transcripts. Other things to consider:
- If you are not using your Michigan Tech e-mail address, be sure your personal e-mail address is professional.
- Listen to your phone message to be sure that it is professional.
- Google yourself and be aware of what information is on your Facebook or Myspace accounts.
For Career Center events that can help you get ready for Career Day, see the August blog “Looking Ahead“.