Canvas has been selected as the university’s learning management system (LMS). The eLearning Group is offering introductory training sessions to provide instructors, and others who support instruction, with the essential information necessary to begin building their Canvas courses.
The one-hour sessions will feature approximately thirty minutes of Canvas information and time for questions.
After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Log into Canvas
- Set Profile and Notifications
- Navigate Canvas Interface
- Set Home Page
- Upload a File
- Create a Basic Page, Module and Assignment
- Post Syllabus
eLearning group instructors Tom Freeman, Jeff Toorongian and Jeannie DeClerck will lead the training sessions in the Van Pelt and Opie Library instructional classrooms.
Canvas 101 session dates, times, and locations:
- Wednesday, January 25, 2:00pm, Library 244
- Thursday, January 26, 10:00am, Library 244
- Tuesday, January 31, 10:00am, Library 242
- Wednesday, February 1, 10:00am, Library 242
- Wednesday, February 8, 2:00pm, Library 242
- Thursday, February 9, 2:00pm, Library 242
- Tuesday, February 14, 2:00pm, Library 242
- Wednesday, February 15, 10:00am, Library 242
Additional training sessions will be announced later.
Contact the eLearning group at email@example.com to register for one of these seminars.
Instructors can access the Canvas login page to get started with the new LMS.