Topics for the Department of Energy (DOE) FY18 Phase I Release I Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) were released on Monday, July 17th. For the list of topics and other relevant information, please visit: https://science.energy.gov/sbir/funding-opportunities/
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Agency Tutorial
The tutorial will help you understand the goals and missions of NASA’s SBIR and STTR programs. NASA’s combined annual SBIR/STTR budget is between $160 and $190 million dollars a year. The topics and subtopics support the needs of the four NASA Mission Directorates (MD) – these are the Aeronautics Research; the Human Exploration and Operations; the Science; and the Space Technology Mission Directorates.
Access the tutorial now: www.sbir.gov/tutorials/individual-agency-requirements/NASA
The SBIR/STTR Innovation Summit will take place October 3-5 at the Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, Florida. Attendees will learn from and network with SBIR/STTR leaders and program experts on how to gain access to the $2.5 billion of non-dilutive annual capital, the largest early stage seed funding in the world.
Summit Highlights Include:
- 1-1 Meetings with 15+ SBIR Agencies
- Sessions featuring Agency Leadership, Industry Partners, and Investment Leaders
- Pre-Conference Training Sessions on Small Business Basics for SBIR/STTR Applicants and Awardee, including SBIR 101, Phase I, Phase II, and Accounting
- Showcase Hall featuring SBIR/STTR Agencies, SBIR/STTR-Funded Companies, Leading Universities, and Federal Labs
Future Innovation in the DOD Marketplace: Chicago, August 14 – 17
The Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) will host the 2017 Department of Defense (DOD) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Beyond Phase II (BPII) and Mentor Protégé Training Week (MPTW) “Future Innovation in the DOD Marketplace,” at the Hyatt Regency Chicago, August 14 – 17, 2017.
This collaborative event is designed to strengthen DOD’s commitment to the Small Business community by equipping the Defense Industrial Base and Government representatives with innovative solutions, cutting edge acquisition practices, and new SBIR, Mentor Protégé Program (MPP), and Rapid Innovation Fund (RIF) policies and procedures.
EVENT HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- JOINT PLENARY SESSIONS: Get caught up on the latest policies, procedures, and practices within the Defense acquisition community
- MATCHMAKING: Sign-up for prearranged meetings between company representatives and acquisition professionals and/or prime contractors and large businesses
- TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE: Explore technologies developed by Phase II companies, large businesses, SBIR support companies, and industry service providers
- NUNN PERRY AWARDS: Take part in the prestigious Nunn Perry Awards as the Mentor Protégé Program recognizes the exceptional accomplishments of their mentors and Protégés
- BREAKOUT SESSIONS: Separate program tracks with sessions tailored to address program specific topics and issues
NIH Multi-Institute (NIAID/NCI/NIBIB/ NIGMS/NIEHS) Small Business Workshop 2017
Please join us for the 2017 NIH Multi-Institute Small Business Workshop, September 7th & 8th at the New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center.
This event will inform attendees about the NIH SBIR/STTR Programs and unique career opportunities in biomedical entrepreneurship. It will provide detailed guidance for applying to our funding programs and successfully managing an award. Attendees will interact with SBIR/STTR Program Staff, Investors, Commercialization Experts, and Successful Entrepreneurs.
The workshop is designed for biotechnology entrepreneurs of all backgrounds, new faculty, post-doctoral fellows, students and any other innovators who are interested in starting new biomedical- or life-science-focused venture.
For more information and to register, visit: www.cvent.com/d/y5qmpr.
LAUNCH Design and Manufacturing is a call for…
- Products that are designed to be reused and to last
- Products that have no negative impact on nature, from factory to end of life
- Products that can be manufactured locally across a variety of regions and contexts
- Technologies that enable us to more effectively steward our limited global resources
Selected innovators will join a coalition of companies, government institutions, innovators, and system players committed to galvanizing the shift to a circular economy. We’ll work with you to disrupt the status quo, grow your innovation, and create a positive impact on planet and people.
Applications are open until September 1, 2017
For more on the innovation challenge, visit: www.launch.org/challenges/design-manufacturing