MDOT has released a new RFP titled “Evaluating New Technology for Roads Program Initiatives in Safety and Efficiency- (ENTERPRISE) Phase II”- due July 16 – which MTTI will be submitting a proposal on. Aurenice Oliveira (ECE) and Colin Brooks (MTRI) are looking for partners to team with for this submission. We need partner(s) to cover all 11 Primary Projects listed by MDOT for a complete proposal. We currently have experience in items 5, 8, 9, and 10; though if you’re interested in those, please feel free to respond as well.
Please fill in the short form with your interests by COB Friday, June 14, 2018.
MDOT Primary Project List:
- Evolution of ITS in Asset Management
- Phasing out Legacy ITS Systems/Devices
- Real-Time Integration of Arrow Board Messages into Traveler Information Systems – Phase III
- Update of Rural Intersection Conflict Warning System (RICWS) Materials Developed in Phases I-III
- ITS Infrastructure Integration into Digital Mobility as a Service (MaaS) Secondary Projects – Objectives to be briefly addressed in the consultant’s proposal
- Capability and Usage Guidelines for Color Changeable Message Signs.
- Crash Modification Factors (CMFs) for ITS devices
- Future of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UASs) within ITS as a Platform
- Maintenance of ITS in Rural Areas
- Shared Use of Connected Vehicle Roadside Units
- Use Cases and Benefits of Active Traffic Management (ATM) Strategies
Here is a link to the RFP for more information. https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdot/MDOT_RFP_RES_REQ2480_posted_624529_7.pdf
If you know of external partners you think may be interested in partnering with MTU, please send me an email with contact information and which project(s) would be applicable, and we will follow up with them as well.