The College of Engineering at the University of Texas at Tyler (UT Tyler) invites applications for tenure-track positions in the Jasper Department of Chemical Engineering, which was recently established in the fall of 2019. We welcome applications from candidates in all areas of Chemical Engineering. Thanks to the generosity of the Jasper family, a seven-figure founding gift is in place for the recruitment of students, faculty, and the establishment of labs. Cluster hires will be considered should a strong team of applicants express interest. Existing office, laboratory, and classroom spaces as well as other resources have been committed. Highly qualified applicants will be considered for start-up funding through the University of Texas System STARS Program. Candidates are expected to qualify for a tenure-track position in the newly established department at the rank of Assistant Professor, although exceptionally well-qualified candidates could be considered for higher rank.
Required application documents include: a cover letter; curriculum vitae; statement of research interests, statement of teaching philosophy, and names and contact information for three references. Screening of applications will begin December 1, and will continue until the position is filled. The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, or a closely related field;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with ABET-EAC accreditation and involvement in the program assessment process;
• A proven record of excellence in teaching, research and service;
• Experience with CHENG curriculum development;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students.